FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Speed Boost

Ekrad
Team Player
Message 22 of 22

Hi,  I added the fibre speed boost i September 2020 but have never attained the guaranteed speed to the router of 59 mbps, it is usually around 49 mbps, which is only 10 mbps faster than my original speed. Is this fixable or should I cancel the boost? ...

Ekrad
0 Likes
21 REPLIES 21

Message 1 of 22

Hi Ekrad

I'm so glad to hear that the speed has increased, thanks for letting us know 🙂

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 22

The Openreach engineer found a problem with the cable from the pole to the cabinet and has switched my line to another pair and a different port in the cabinet. My router is currently synching at 68 1/20.

Many thanks 

Malc ...

Ekrad

Message 3 of 22

Hi Ekrad

Thanks for your reply.

The engineer visit has been arranged for 16/03 PM (1pm - 6pm)

Please let us know how you get on following this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 22

I'm available any day, Am or Pm. If you could let me know.

Ekrad

Message 5 of 22

Hi Ekrad

Thanks for confirming your details.

When would you be available for an engineer visit? Please can you provide a couple of dates AM and PM?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 6 of 22

Hi Ekrad

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange the engineer visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 7 of 22

Yes I would like an engineer to check why I am unable  to reach the guaranteed minimum speed.

Malc ...

Ekrad
0 Likes

Message 8 of 22

Thanks for checking. To investigate further we'll need to arrange an engineer visit. If you'd like us to do this please let us know and we'll confirm some details

Chris

0 Likes

Message 9 of 22

No, the telephone line is fine ...

Ekrad
0 Likes

Message 10 of 22

OK thanks. Are you experiencing any problems with your telephone service, any noise on the line?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 11 of 22

The router has now been plugged into the test socket for 48 hours. The sync speed is still 52.1 Mbps download and 20 Mbps upload 

Malc ...

Ekrad
0 Likes

Message 12 of 22
0 Likes

Message 13 of 22

The router has only been in the test socket for 21 hours. Will reply after 48 hours...

Ekrad

Message 14 of 22

Hi Ekrad

Thanks for confirming your details.

The predicted speed range is showing between 73.6 and 66.6mb, with a guaranteed minimum speed of 61.4 mb.

Did you leave the router connected at the test socket for at least 48hrs, without rebooting? (to allow DLM time to monitor the connection and adjust the profile)

The next step following this will be to arrange an Openreach engineer visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 15 of 22

Requested info sent.. 

According to 'My TalkTalk' my guaranteed minimum speed is 59 Mbps ...

Ekrad
0 Likes

Message 16 of 22

Hi Ekrad

Thanks for your reply.

Your line is showing in sync at 52.1mb. I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so I can check the predicted speed range for your line.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 17 of 22

I've powered down the router for 40 minutes and plugged the microfilter into the test socket. There is no internal wiring connected to the removable faceplate.

Ekrad
0 Likes

Message 18 of 22

Yes it does have a test socket I'll plug the filter into that. Should I power the router down for 30 mins too .

Ekrad

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 19 of 22

Hi Ekrad,

I've run a test on the line now which hasn't detected a fault. Does your master socket have a test socket? If it does then would it be possible to connect the microfilter and router at the test socket for at least 48hrs to see if DLM makes any changes to the speed?

Thanks

Message 20 of 22
The router is current showing the current speed as 52 1 mbps ...
Ekrad