FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Sync Speed Has Dropped

Rich1971
Conversation Starter
Message 28 of 28

Hi

I have noticed that my sync speed has dropped recently.

Download used to be around 54mb but now it's sitting at 47mb and upload was 14 but now its 12.

This as you can imagine has affected my download and upload speeds. I used to get just over 50mb down but now I can only get 42.

It has been like this for a couple of weeks and I have tried shutting down the router for 30 minutes several times but it won't recover. It has been connected for over 6 days solid now but it still isn't picking back up.

What can be done to get my speed back?

Many thanks

Rich

0 Likes
27 REPLIES 27

Message 1 of 28
0 Likes

Rich1971
Conversation Starter
Message 2 of 28

That's great, thank you! 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 28

OK I've ordered another Sagemcom, it should be with you within a couple of working days

Chris

0 Likes

Rich1971
Conversation Starter
Message 4 of 28

47mb vs 44mb for the Huawei one. 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 28

Hi Rich1971,

Thanks for the update, could I ask what speed the Sagemcom router was syncing at?

Chris

0 Likes

Rich1971
Conversation Starter
Message 6 of 28

Hi

I have managed to isolate a potential source of interference so hoping that will improve things. 

However, having sent back the non syncing Sagemcom router the replacement Huawei one syncs even lower. 

Is is possible to go back to a Sagemcom one again please as it seems to work much better on my line?

Many thanks 

Rich

0 Likes

Message 7 of 28

Hi Rich

As advised, we can arrange an engineer visit but we have to advise/confirm potential engineer charges first.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Rich1971
Conversation Starter
Message 8 of 28

But they also charge if they are unable to find a fault. In that scenario I'm left with a service that isn't performing as it should and a £65 charge.

This is all wrong.

If I have a degraded service and I have followed your instructions to rule out any potential internal causes then my involvement should cease, and it should be over to you to investigate and resolve.

It's unfair for the customer to be left carrying the can if the cause cannot be traced.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 28

Hi Rich

If the fault is found to be with Openreach maintained equipment then no charges should be applied.

By testing with different routers, cables and filters at the test socket, this will help rule out your own equipment or internal wiring.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Rich1971
Conversation Starter
Message 10 of 28

I have just read the potential charges that could be incurred, seems I would be liable for a whole lot of scenarios.

The service isn't performing as it was and yet it seems I'm the one who has to potentally foot the bill to investigate why.

I can't say I'm happy about that.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 28

Hi Rich

Thanks for your reply.

Would you like me to arrange an Openreach engineer visit?

Debbie

0 Likes

Rich1971
Conversation Starter
Message 12 of 28

It's always been about the drop in speed(all in my original post),  the connection has always been solid.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 28

Hi Rich

I'm really sorry to hear this.

The line test is clear. Is the connection dropping or is this in regards to the speed?

0 Likes

Rich1971
Conversation Starter
Message 14 of 28

The router arrived Friday and the connection is even worse with it.

DSL synchronization status:Up
Connection status:Showtime
Upstream line rate (kbit/s):13566
Downstream line rate (kbit/s):44836
Maximum upstream rate (kbit/s):13491
Maximum downstream rate (kbit/s):51868
Upstream noise safety coefficient (dB):5.9
Downstream noise safety coefficient (dB):6.1
Line standard:Vdsl2_ANNEX_B
Upstream line attenuation (dB):5.0
Downstream line attenuation (dB):14.6
Upstream output power (dBm):7.5
Downstream output power (dBm):11.9
DSL up time:

2 days 14 hours 3 minutes 46 seconds

0 Likes

Message 15 of 28

Hi Rich

No problem 🙂

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Rich1971
Conversation Starter
Message 16 of 28

That would be great, thanks.

0 Likes

Message 17 of 28

Hi Rich

Would you like me to send a Huawei WIFI hub for testing to see how the connection compares? (as we can't roll back FW on the Sagemcom hub)

Thanks

Debbie

Rich1971
Conversation Starter
Message 18 of 28

Hi

My router is now just flashing amber and I cannot connect to it even with a cable.

Any thoughts?

Rich

0 Likes

Message 19 of 28

Hi

It's not possible for us to roll back the firmware. There is currently a campaign running to push out the firmware in batches, and so far we have not seen this behaviour in any router running V130.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Rich1971
Conversation Starter
Message 20 of 28

I've noticed that the router firmware has been updated recently. It's now SG4K100130.

I'm wondering if this is related to the lower sync speed as nothing else has changed my end and there are no faults being picked up on the line.

Is there any way I can go back to SG4K10002810t to test the theory?

0 Likes