FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre broadband dropping out

scottjohnturner
Popular Poster
Message 13 of 13

Please could I get help

my WiFi connection drops out at least once every hour

and have to wait for it to come back

i have fibre broadband 

tried restarting router etc 

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

Hi scottjohnturner

Thanks for your reply.

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie 🙂

0 Likes

Message 2 of 13

That would be great

0 Likes

Message 3 of 13

Yes please

kind regards

Message 4 of 13

That would be great 

thanks

Scott

Message 5 of 13

Hi scottjohnturner

I'm sorry for the delay.

Would you like me to send a replacement router for testing?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 6 of 13

I have asked one of TalkTalk's support to pick your thread up and investigate it for you when they return on Wednesday.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday), but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. Please try to avoid posting on here until TalkTalk have responded to you, otherwise, this will just put you further down the queue.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Message 7 of 13

Yes think my router must be faulty 

used Ethernet cable

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 8 of 13

So I assume that the laptop was via an Ethernet cable?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 13

Talk talk WiFi hub

sagemcom

device version FAST 5364-3.TB

0 Likes

Message 10 of 13

Hi this is my router

0 Likes

scottjohnturner
Popular Poster
Message 11 of 13

Hi I have tried connecting laptop directly and still same issue

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 12 of 13

Slow speed, intermittent dropouts, breaks in the signal, or no signal on some or all devices, might be caused by Wi-Fi interference from other local networks, which can also lead to a permanent reduction in speed. No ISP can be responsible for your local environment, this is mainly a by-product of the popularity of Wi-Fi.

However, other factors should be investigated first. When this happens, what are the lights showing on the front of the router? Do you have any wired connections & if so, how do they perform?

Generally speaking, the 2.4GHz band suffers much more from interference than the 5GHz band, but the 2.4GHz one can sometimes have a better range, but this all depends on your local area.

If you would like me to help you, please can you specify the make/model of TalkTalk router that you are using?

Keith