FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre broadband drops and "WAN DHCP client process" warnings and errors in the router log

colin_stroud
Conversation Starter
Message 43 of 43

Hi.  We have been experiencing connection drops on a fairly regular basis - at least once a day, often more.  When the connection drops, the router light flashes yellow/amber for a minute or more and then reconnects and things are happy again.  To make it worse, will often do it many times in succession once it starts.  Eventually it settles down and were ok for while.

This has been going on for months so can someone please have a look at the server end. 

It causes issues for me working from home and is driving my sons crazy when they are gaming - I couldn't repeat what I here come from there rooms!!!

See below for the logs in date order

Kazam_screenshot_00005.png

I have also seen some "

The WAN DHCP client process has failed on Vlan 36

error messages at the beginning of the month but they are less often.

There have been 167 messages of this nature since March 1st when the logs start.

Help with this would be much appreciated.

thanks, Colin

0 Likes
42 REPLIES 42

Message 41 of 43

@Karl-TalkTalk, many thanks.  I have received the router and set up.  I will monitor it over the coming week and see if things improve.

I would also like to acknowledge how fantastically responsive and helpful you guys are.  I have lost track of the number of hours of my life I have lost waiting on the line to the TT telephone support going thru the same scripts and line tests over and over again.  So glad I found you all  🙏 😁

cheers, Colin

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 42 of 43

Hi

I've a different model router on the way to see if this improves your connection.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes