FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre broadband issues again after openreach temporary repair

Croccy22
Conversation Starter
Message 10 of 10

A while ago I reported an issue with the speed of my Fibre broadband. After a few disscusions on this forum an openreach engineer was finally sent out. The engineeer confirmed that there was indeed a fault on my line and that the box at the top of the telegraph pole outside my house was filled with water and the connections corroded. He did a temporary repair but said he would get a call raised to replace the box.

After he left my connection retrurned to 63MBps and was perfectly stable for a few months. Then we had some severve weather and overnight my speed dropped to 44Mbps and now it has dropped again to 40MBps and my internet keeps dropping out which is becoming incredibly anoying as I am working from home.

The telegraph pole still has a job note stuck to it and they never retruned to do a full repair.

Can I please get openreach to come out again and fix the issue properly this time?

Thanks, Matt.

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Morning,

Thanks for the update and I'm glad to hear that the speed has improved 🙂

Thanks

0 Likes

Croccy22
Conversation Starter
Message 2 of 10

Hi, Just an update on this. The engineer came around and reset the profile on the line and also replaced the socket inside the house. The current sync speed is at 66.57Mbps so actually higher than I have ever seen it currently (normally settles at around 60). 

Thanks for the prompt and hassle free service 🙂

Matt.

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 10

Hi Croccy22,

I've booked the engineer for tomorrow morning (November 17 2021, AM) - please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

Hi Matt

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Croccy22
Conversation Starter
Message 5 of 10

Hi,

So It's that time of year again. A couple of weeks back had heavy rain, My internet dropped out around 8 times during the day, and have now permanently dropped down to 44mbps AGAIN. I work from home as a senior infrastructure engineer for the NHS and the speed and reliability of my connection is extremely important to me as I am constantly transferring large files around.

Openreach still have not repaired the connections on the top of the telegraph pole outside my house and the job ticket is still fixed to the pole. The issue is apparently the box is leaking and the connections just get rusty and then my connection drops. Each time they have come out, they cleaned up the connections and the following day my speed was back to 60+mbps where it should be and where it always has been in the past when I don't have faults on the line.

Can we arrange for them to come out again and maybe actually resolve the fault this time so it doesn't keep happening? I can take a photo of the job ticket on the pole which has been there for 1.5 years now!

Thanks again for your help, Matt.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 10

You're Welcome 🙂

Regards 

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

Thankyou for your prompt response 🙂

Matt.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 8 of 10

Hi

An engineer has been arranged for Fri 23 April AM (8-1).

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 9 of 10

Hi

Tests are clear but the sync speed is below predicted.

an engineer can be arranged for you.

I'll drop a PM to confirm some details.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes