FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre broadband keeps dropping. Devices showing a WiFi network but no internet available.

AJW93
Popular Poster
Message 18 of 18

Hi there. 

I’ve been having issues with my fibre broadband ever since we upgraded. It was around 2 months or so ago when we upgraded. 

They’ll be random times in the day where none of my devices will load anything up off the internet. 

The devices will connect and show a WiFi network for my router but when I connect they’ll say ‘no internet’. 

It usually happens in the evening around about 9pm (give or take a couple of hours). Drop outs usually last around 20 mins. 

I’m just wondering what this could be?

I’ve tried splitting the bands on my router. I’ve tried using the test socket with a microfilter and nothing has resolved the problem. 

Please could somebody help. 

Thanks.

0 Likes
17 REPLIES 17

Message 1 of 18

Hi @nstewart69

I'm sorry I missed your post. Please can you create a new topic on the Community, I can then take a look at this for you

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 18

Hi AJW93

Thanks for keeping us updated 🙂

Please can you continue to monitor the connection and let us know if you do experience any further issues.

Yes, please can you return the previous router using the pre paid returns bag.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

AJW93
Popular Poster
Message 3 of 18

Morning Debbie.

I’ve not long received my router and everything is going fine so far. 

I’ll keep our local forum updated on how my internet is performing since the new router has been installed.

Thank you for getting this sorted out for me quickly and efficiently.

I see in the box there is a returns label and postal bag. Do you need me to return the old router to you? 

Regards.

nstewart69
Chatterbox
Message 4 of 18

I too am having problems with my internet failing, and only last night it went again at 20.30.  Now I'm absolutely fed up of this going down and then getting the runaround via the Tech Support people, this time in South Africa, run line tests when its back up or TT support having gone home at 20.00 !!!  Indeed on Sunday, when it went down again, there was no support at all available all day.  Last night I ended up putting a post on Facebook asking people if they were encountering any connection issues in the S35 Chapeltown, High Gree and Ecclesfield areas of Sheffield, to post up when they noticed their internet going down.  In just over 14 hours since posting, I've had more than 80 replies, all with the same issue with their TT internet.  Clearly this has to be an exchange issue and needs resolving otherwise TT are going to see an exodus of customers, whoi to be honest, they don't seem to care about one bit.  Running line tests on a line that is running ok once its back up is futile, and achieves nothing and wastes all out times.  Get it sorted at the Exchange !!!!!

Redstyke
0 Likes

nstewart69
Chatterbox
Message 5 of 18

Having the same issues with my internet.  Last night it went down at 20.30, took 20 mins to come back so I posted a thread on Facebook for other TT users to post on if they were having similar issues.  By Tuesday dinner time I've had 80 replies complaining of the same thing and getting absolutely no support from TT Tech Support.  People will be leaving in their thousands at this rate and I will be one of them.  The service is appalling.

Redstyke
0 Likes

Message 6 of 18

Hi matthall94

Thanks for your post and I'm sorry to hear this.

Please can you create a new topic/thread and I will then take a look at this for you.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

matthall94
Chatterbox
Message 7 of 18

Hello

i have found this thread from a local forum as I live close to the original poster. 

i am having the exact same issue, devices stay connected fine but there is nothing loading. It went down last night around 8.30pm and takes around 15/20 minutes to resurface. 

this is the router I have:

FAST5364 3.00

software: SG4K100130

thanks for any help 🙂 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 18
0 Likes

AJW93
Popular Poster
Message 9 of 18

I’ll let them know that Debbie.

Thanks for your help.

Regards.

Message 10 of 18

Hi AJW93

That's great, thank you.

If they post on the Community then I can help them too

Debbie

0 Likes

AJW93
Popular Poster
Message 11 of 18

Thanks for your help Debbie and I’ll keep you posted on my network performance.

I’ve mentioned what you’ve said on the forum so the members having issues can check their router version. 

Regards.

Regards.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 18

Hi AJW93

I would say it's worth testing especially as the line test is clear. This will then rule out any equipment issues.

Are they all experiencing the same fault and have the same router?

The replacement router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive. Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

AJW93
Popular Poster
Message 13 of 18

Is there a reason why other people in my area are experiencing the same issues though? Surely this can’t just be down to the type of router being used? 

Regards.

0 Likes

AJW93
Popular Poster
Message 14 of 18

Hi Debbie. 

That would be great thank you. 

It’s worth ruling the router out as the issue isn’t it. 

Kind Regards.

Message 15 of 18

Hi AJW93

Thanks for your reply.

If the line test detected a fault at the cabinet then I would say yes but the line test is clear.

Would you still like me to send the router first so we can rule this out or would you prefer to arrange an engineer visit?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

AJW93
Popular Poster
Message 16 of 18

Morning Debbie.

That’d be great if you could. 

I’m on a local forum on Facebook and a lot of other people on TalkTalk are having issues with their service dropping out. They all live in the same village as me. 

One of the members mentioned about an issue with the junction box in the village that Openreach maintain. I’m just wondering if this could be the cause.

Regards.

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 17 of 18

Hi AJW93

I'm really sorry to hear this.

The line test is clear, no faults detected. Would you like me to send a different make and model of router for testing to see how the the connection compares?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes