FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre broadband live date

Hopped
Sightseer
Message 16 of 16

Had a date of 24th September as live date but still no internet connection. I contacted live chat earlier while it was open but got fobbed off with the it can take any time up until midnight. Well midnight has passed no support and no internet, I am really regretting have talktalk take over my connection now. 20 years and I haven't had a day without a broadband connection until now and no idea of when they will fix what ever they haven't done. I already had the fibre connectiin and I only switched providers and I don't want any of this is your router setup rubbish as I know how to plug them up. My account still says it is setting up the broadband with a date of the 24th and I haven't had my go live email yet so someone has messed up something and I'm not happy with this service at all. 

0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15

Message 1 of 16

Hi Hopped,

I'm sorry about this, I've sent you a PM to confirm some details so that we can discuss the issue further

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 16

No Go live date it just feels like they forgot to book an engineer and are trying to postpone me until one does get to do it. They say it isn't and engineer it is a line fault and will take 48 hours to clear from yesterday, I,ve had the same thing all week. Never had so much trouble waiting for my broadband which I always switch as every provider once the contract term runs out try and put the price up to stupid money.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 3 of 16

Sadly TalkTalk are at the mercy of Openreach as are all other providers on their network. Do you still not have a go live date:? If not then by all means cancel your TalkTalk order, but do be prepared for another delay with any other provider you choose. 

0 Likes

Hopped
Sightseer
Message 4 of 16

Nobody has contacted me, I have contacted live support after each timeframe they have given me runs out but I am losing my patience. I will not let talktalk have 2 weeks as to me that means they forgot to book the engineer and I will not allow that time frame and if it means I wait another 2 weeks for a new supplier then I will wait 2 weeks.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 16

Hi Hopped

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Have our Order Management Team contacted you at all?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 6 of 16

I'll re-escalate this thread for you, @Hopped, so staff should get back to you tomorrow if there are any updates. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Hopped
Sightseer
Message 7 of 16

Still waiting on my internet contacted support 3 times this week and get the " I have escalated your connection issue with the openreach team and they will have an update within 48 hours". I knew I should of just transfered to another provider on Saturday as I would then have a date and not be stuck waiting and chasing and getting angry.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 16

Hi Hopped

I can see the order has been delayed on the openreach side.

i've raised an escalation to our order management team to see if they can get an update.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 9 of 16

The staff here may be able to get more info on exactly what happened, but if it is due to Openreach engineer availability, then what will have happened is that when you signed up TalkTalk will have booked an Openreach engineer to go to the street cabinet that your phone line connects to so the your line can be moved over to TalkTalk. The date that Openreach told TalkTalk they could do that would be the go-live date that was given to you. If the Openreach engineer does not turn up then I'm not sure when TalkTalk would find out about that.

Don't get me wrong, I totally agree this is bad customer service, but I just wanted to point out that this may possibly be something totally out of TalkTalk's control and they may not have known the Openreach engineer was not going to attend on Friday, and if this is what happened then it does affect all ISP's that use the Openreach network.

The live chat team will be around tomorrow, but I'm not sure if they will have more info on what has happened yet, the staff here on the community should be able to get more info for you on Monday if you want to wait for them to help.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 16

As I say I've never had this problem before and I wouldn't be as annoyed had they dealt with it before hand instead of fobbing me off as they won't be back until Monday. For me that isn't customer service and doesn't make a good impression to start off a new contract, I am sure they would have known on Friday it wasn't going to happen.

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 11 of 16

@Hopped, I agree with @martswain, it is quite possible the delay is due to Openreach not making it to the cabinet on Friday to switch you over, so you could have experienced this issue with any ISP that uses the Openreach network (i.e. pretty much everyone except Virgin Media).

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 12 of 16

@Hopped  if it is delayed due to Openreach engineer availability, then ordering from another ISP that uses the same infrastructure is likely to see the same issue.

Best of luck. 

0 Likes

Message 13 of 16

Yes my account has now updated with delayed and I am not waiting till Monday for a response, I will most probably trasfer away to a better provider as this is a shambles of a start.

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 14 of 16

@Hopped 

As you say you know how to "plug them up" (LOL) I presume you mean that the service you previously had and have ordered from TT comes over the phone line.

Has your old ISP disconnected their service ?

Does your phone work and does dialing 17070 get a readback of the your TT allocated phone number ?

What router do you have and what is the status light(s) showing ?

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 15 of 16

Hi @Hopped,

Has the info in 'My Account' been updated yet to indicate if there has been any delay with your activation, if you have not had an email or text to say your service is live then this may indicate some sort of delay.

The staff here won't be around now until Monday, but they should be able to respond to this post early next week to help if you still need them.

0 Likes