FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre broadband-not available or no capacity???

Librose
First Timer
Message 9 of 9

We recently moved house. At our old address we had fibre broadband with talk talk. I was told when we moved that fibre wasn’t available at our new address so we were put on ‘ultra fast’ broadband instead. This isn’t sufficient for our needs so I looked on uswitch to see if we could get fibre with another provider. Talk talk was listed on there (I had to put in my postcode to do the search). Does this mean that we can’t get fibre due to lack of capacity at the exchange rather than there not being fibre in our area? If so does that mean we would have the same problem with any provider who runs off Openreach? 

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

@Traceytim1 

Please start your own topic if you require support.

You cannot piggyback on this topic.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

Hello, @Arne-TalkTalk 

I have a near identical situation to this one, if I update my profile information as asked of by the other person in this post could you also look into mine?

I have also been looking at the other houses surround ours connections, due to the them being further away from the green cabinet than myself, and they appear to have Fibre available to them while I do not.

Thanks,

Tracey 

Tracey Morris
0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

Hi @Librose

Thanks for your post.  

If you would like us to look into this, please can you update your community profile to include your home telephone number, we will then be able to have a look at your  account.

To do this go into 'my settings' then 'personal information' then add your details.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

A5E459B2-E246-4C3B-B45C-04F551D199D3.jpeg

0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

No doesn’t look like it?

0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

Was there a line for VDSL at the top as in the picture below ?

If not, then nobody will be able to offer fibre at your address.

Annotation 2020-08-23 192808.jpg

0 Likes

Message 7 of 9

Thanks for the reply Martin

This is a copy of what the search came up with, I couldn’t upload the photo.

I have no idea what it means, although it says FTTP is not available. maybe you can translate?!

ADSL Products Downstream Line Rate (Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range(Mbps) Availability DateWBC ADSL 2+WBC ADSL2+ Annex MADSL MaxWBC Fixed RateFixed Rate
Up to 5.5--3 to 8Available
Up to 5.5Up to 13 to 8Available
Up to 4--3 to 7Available
2----Available
2----Available
Other Offerings Availability DateADSL Multicast
Available

FTTP is not available.

For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (VDSL or G.fast) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

Actual speeds experienced by end users and quoted by CPs will be lower due to a number of factors within and external to BT's network, Communication Providers' networks and within customer premises.

The Stop Sale date for IPstream is from 30 Nov 2012. The Formal Retirement date for IPstream is from 30 Jun 2014.

In order to be eligible for handback, downstream speed should be less than Downstream Handback Threshold values.

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 8 of 9

I don't think you are on ULTRA anything !

You'll be on the basic Fast Broadband.

Try a dummy order with another provider or this website

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL/AddressHome

If the results show VDSL (FTTC) is available then it's likely to be a TT capacity issue.

0 Likes