FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre broadband speed belows the guaranteed speed

kensas
Popular Poster
Message 13 of 13

I have Fibre broadband service which is supposed to be 67MB, however, the last week speed has dropped to around 10MB. Have run a numerous tests but still no improvement.  I have attached a picture of speed for the past week.

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

Hi kensas,

Thanks for the update 🙂

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 13

Hi Michelle, Chris

So far the speed has been stable as seen below, thanks.

image.png

Message 3 of 13

Hi kensas,

Your sync speed is currently 59.0Mbps. The connection drops are DLM changing your profile. Your current sync speed is well within the predicted range for your line.

Chris

Message 4 of 13

67 is the marketing speed as previously advised.

As for the resets, that is because of STABILITY !

DLM has increased your connection speed because there are no errors and the connection is STABLE.

Just leave it on 24/7/365 and let DLM do its magic.

As you are now well above the MGALS, TT will not consider it to be faulty.

Message 5 of 13

Hi Michelle,

I have monitored the speed over the weekend and it seems the speed has improved but can never achieved the speed of 67 MB that was the main reason I signed up the contract. Also, the line / router is unstable as it keeps resetting for a number of times without reasons – you can see that the router has reset itself around 2 am this morning. Will this imply that either the line or router need further investigation?

3C82004F-7B40-4236-96FB-B26AC2A132B9.jpeg

70263F67-39D1-4799-9B72-1662239C2E87.jpeg

0 Likes

Message 6 of 13

Hi kensas,

I'm sorry for the delay. I can see that this has been passed to Openreach, please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 7 of 13

Hi Michelle,

Thanks for getting back to me.

The master socket has a test port and I have attached the microfilter and router to it.  Please check.  I don't have a phone at home as I don't use it but I did dial my landline and it does sound alright to me.

Looking forward to your reply.

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 8 of 13

Hi kensas,

I'm sorry for the delay. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault, however the connection looks unstable and the sync speed is varying. Does your master socket have a test socket? If it does then would it be possible to connect the microfilter and router at the test socket please so we can see how the stability and speed compares? Is your voice service also ok?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 9 of 13

The current speed is way below the minimum guaranteed speed, so there is definitely something wrong with the service.

Capture2.JPG

0 Likes

Message 10 of 13

Hi @kensas,

The '67mbps average' mentioned in the advertising for Fibre 65 is an average across all customers that have the product, you should have been told the actual speeds you could expect when you signed up, these should be shown as the 'estimated speeds' in the Service Centre 

The graph you have posted above shows the dotted line around 30mbps, so that appears to be your guaranteed minimum speed. So I'd expect your estimated speed range to be something well above that.

It would be worth going to the Service Centre to do a test on your phone line, this will indicate if there is currently a fault on your line. You can also access this from the ‘My Account’ site.

Also, if you have a landline phone can you check to see if that is working normally (i.e. you have a clear dial tone and no noise on the line).

If your master phone socket has a test socket then you could also try the router in there, that would then eliminate any of the phone wiring in your home as being a possible cause of the problem (although you may need to leave the router connected at the test socket for 72+ hours before you would start to see a speed increase if this was the cause of the problem).

The TalkTalk staff on this community will also be able to help, they will hopefully be able to respond to this post within a working day or two. You may get faster support from the live chat or by phoning up during opening hours.

Message 11 of 13

Can a TalkTalk engineer contact me to resolve it please?

0 Likes

kensas
Popular Poster
Message 12 of 13

Capture.JPG

0 Likes