FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre broadband

Lenhz
First Timer
Message 4 of 4

I spent nearly an hour on the phone with TalkTalk today.  My internet speed keeps going down.  We discovered the reason for this is because I am using a  Laptop downstairs and my router is upstairs.  Technician said he would do some checks and get back to me and he never did. When I tried to call I got cut off - twice. I have since been looking at the website and see that I could purchase a WiFi Extender for £85.  Is this the answer to my problem?  £85 is  lot of money for me a pensioner and I'm also not very techy. I am paying for Fast Fibre with a boost. I would really appreciate  some advice.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 4

Hi Lenhz,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

bigkenny
Enlightened One
Message 2 of 4
the best thing to test is connect your laptop direct into the router with a cable make sure cat5e or better and do speed test and see what you get.

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 3 of 4

If you need help from TT staff on the forum,  @Lenhz, they'll reply Monday to Friday. 

For them to identify your account, please complete your community forum profile details.  Go via your avatar/name; settings; launch profile wizard; make sure you put in your landline phone number and a fallback mobile phone number; click finish to save. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.