FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre guarantee

brassedoffat80
First Timer
Message 8 of 8

Hi, any help would be appreciated.

I accepted a free upgrade to the fibre broadband service two weeks ago and since then I've had no Internet access and a poor phone line.

After wasting hours messing around with this problem.... I surrender. 

I have been told by the 3 different engineers that the problem needs to be dealt with by the special fault investigation team.... if 3 professionals can't fix the problem.... what am I supposed to do about it??

If I am halfway through my contract and accepted the free fibre upgrade, which can't be undone apparently.... am I covered by the fibre guarantee and free to leave talktalk without a financial penalty?

We are at an impasse...Talktalk think it's working and 3 engineers say it's not! 

I can't get a response from anyone and I getting very frustrated by the whole situation.

If this is picked up by a moderator...can you please send another engineer. 

I appreciate that you are having problems but the chat is always busy and the phone is a waste of time and the help directed me here.... so I'm supposed to air the problem in public... surely that can't be right.

7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi brassedoffat80

it's been a while since anyone called me young 🙂

I'm glad I was able to help.  If you have any issues in the future, give our community a chance to resolve these for you, I'm sure we can tackle any issue you have.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

Good afternoon Karl,

I am very grateful for your help and I can confirm that you have succeeded where others have failed. 

I have rested and restarted the black box and everything appears to be working correctly. 

I am obliged to you young man for all your efforts. 

I am however still very troubled by the difficulties that I faced in regard to finding a solution but that is nothing for you to concern yourself about, as I have made my feelings quite clear in a letter. 

Thank you again for your time and support. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Hi @brassedoffat80

I've had a look at your connection and there was a radius issue (authentication server).

I've resynced the details and this looks to be working now.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Message 4 of 8

Thank you Ferguson for your support, I'm having a problem understanding how the business model works in talktalks favour. 

In my day nobody aired their dirty laundry in public. 

If the electricity or gas board carried out works in the street it is incumbent on them to ensure that the supply is functioning correctly before they move on so why is this different. 

The engineers completed the work, identified a fault and moved on!

The black box has been on and off as per instructions for 30 minutes plus, I didn't realise it was DIY fibre.

I will continue to uphold my financial commitment until I receive a response to my written communication.

Thank you for your time. 

ferguson
Community Star
Message 5 of 8

@brassedoffat80 You may be uncomfortable  dealing with this in public, but bear in mind that you are completely anonymous save for your username. The only ones who need access to your personal details are the TalkTalk support team, for obvious reasons and these are handled in private and securely. So update those details and the team here will help, I assure you.

0 Likes

brassedoffat80
First Timer
Message 6 of 8

Hi SKynet_TX

Thank you for your assistance in this matter, I am uncomfortable with this whole situation and I am from a generation that has a level of expectation from a supplier of services. 

I will be sending letters by recorded delivery today,  I know its old school but sometimes the old ways are the best.

I feel extremely let down by the lack of communication, this is the first real problem that I've had with the service but I don't think that talktalk appreciate just how stressful the lines of communication to the fault resolution centre can be for the older generation.

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 7 of 8

Hi @brassedoffat80,

For one of the TalkTalk staff on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile.

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.

0 Likes