FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre guaranteed minimum speed never reached no matter how many times I report it

ainarita
Participant
Message 32 of 32

I have been with talktalk about 12 years now, and the last 2 with fibre 67 with a minimum guaranteed speed of 51mb, unfortunately that has not been the case a single day. max speed ever has been around 43mb, I have reported it several times, with no improvement, I have now tried to report it yet again but the service center suggests it is my home setting when in fact I have not changed since last time I did the same check. I now have had enough but my contract doesn't end for another year and leaving would mean to pay a penalty , has anybody had a similar problem or know how to solve it? Also trying to contact them by live chat but finding hard to find the link, they used to have great customer service, not anymore.

Ainara
31 REPLIES 31

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 32

Hi ainarita

Sorry for the delay.

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange an engineer visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 32

Staff will be back from Tuesday, @ainarita.

Please look out for a reply then.

I'll re-escalate this thread to ensure that it is in the workflow. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 3 of 32

So, lockdown has ended and contractors are allowed inside people's houses, can you now arrange and engineer to come and fix our fibre?

Ainara
0 Likes

Message 4 of 32

Hi ainarita,

As your speed hasn't improved and is below the guaranteed minimum we would really need to arrange an engineer visit to investigate but unfortunately we can't do this at the moment due to Covid restrictions. We'll be able to arrange an engineer visit when the restrictions are lifted

If you'd like to discuss leaving you'll need to speak to our Loyalty team (they will also be able to move you to Fibre 35 if you'd prefer) - please see Cancel your TalkTalk service

Chris

0 Likes

Message 5 of 32

So, it has now been a few days (weeks) and nothing has improved, highest speed recorded by speedtest is still 40Mbps, I am now looking at a different supplier as I have lost all faith in Talktalk. Can you please confirm that as my issue has not been resolved in the 30 day period I will not be charged a penalty fee for cancelling my subscripyion before it ends? Many thanks

Ainara
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 6 of 32

Hi ainarita,

Apologies, as soon as are able to arrange engineer to look at the slow speeds then we can arrange this for you. Would it be possible to post back in a few days and we can check to see if this has changed and if we can arrange this visit for you?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 7 of 32
I use to have the slower fibre but upgraded to faster fibre about 2 years ago but it never went up, I am not sure why I haven't given up yet tbh. Mine states 43Mbps to the router but I have never recorded a speed above 40Mbps (download speed), sad really as I have been a talktalk customer for over 10 years and never had a problem before. I guess I am reluctant to try a new supplier but I am running out of patience.
Ainara
0 Likes

colinl64
Conversation Starter
Message 8 of 32

Hi Ainarita

I have the exact same problem and have just posted on the forum for help.I was on a contract for fast fibre and was getting 38Mbps download and 9Mbps upload. 

My contract has now been changed and I upgraded to fibre 65 with a minimum download speed of 59Mbps. I have run a speed test and I'm still getting 39Mbps download with an improvement of 17Mbps upload. In the router setting it states 59.70Mbps download and 19Mbps upload which is obviously wrong. 

I have an ethernet connection to the router with a 1Gbps connection speed, router connected to the master socket.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 32
So we'll just keep paying for fibre 65 when in reality we are just getting speeds expected on a fibre 35, yet again. As I said earlier frustrating, very frustrating.
Ainara
0 Likes

Message 10 of 32

Hi ainarita

I'm sorry to hear this.

If the speed hasn't increased with a different router at the test socket and is still below the predicted range for your line, then the next step would be an Openreach engineer visit. 

Due to the current situation around COVID and government guidance we can only arrange engineer visits for total loss of service faults at the moment. Apologies for this.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 11 of 32
Hi Chris, I've left it now with the new hub for well over 48hrs but there has been no improvement, the speed has in fact dropped, what's the next step? It's really frustrating.
Ainara
0 Likes

Message 12 of 32

Message 13 of 32
Yes, I have noticed that too, but only very slightly, will keep in test socket for 48hrs as instructed. Thank you
Ainara
0 Likes

Message 14 of 32

Hi ainarita,

Glad to hear that you've received the hub. There appears to have been a small increase in speed but not much. Could you just leave the router connected to the test socket over the next 48 hours and we'll see if DLM moves you to a profile that will give a faster speed

Chris

Message 15 of 32
Wow!!! That was very quick!! New Wifi hub up and running, please advise of next steps. I have kept it plugged into te test socket atm.
Ainara

Message 16 of 32

Thanks ainarita, you too 🙂

Chris

0 Likes

Message 17 of 32
Thank you Chris, I will let you know when it arrives. If I don't chat with you before I hope you have a lovely Christmas.
Ainara
0 Likes

Message 18 of 32

Hi ainarita,

I've ordered a router, it should be with you within a couple of days but please allow up to 5 working days for delivery 

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 19 of 32
We no longer use the phone so no idea about noise in the line, sorry. I am happy to try anything if it manages to solve the problem.
Ainara
0 Likes

Message 20 of 32

Hi ainarita,

Is the line clear of any noise? Would you like us to send a replacement router for testing purposes to rule this out?

Thanks

0 Likes