FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre guaranteed minimum speed never reached no matter how many times I report it

ainarita
Participant
Message 32 of 32

I have been with talktalk about 12 years now, and the last 2 with fibre 67 with a minimum guaranteed speed of 51mb, unfortunately that has not been the case a single day. max speed ever has been around 43mb, I have reported it several times, with no improvement, I have now tried to report it yet again but the service center suggests it is my home setting when in fact I have not changed since last time I did the same check. I now have had enough but my contract doesn't end for another year and leaving would mean to pay a penalty , has anybody had a similar problem or know how to solve it? Also trying to contact them by live chat but finding hard to find the link, they used to have great customer service, not anymore.

Ainara
31 REPLIES 31

Message 21 of 32
No I don't, I had to send back the previous one when I received this new one, but that was a few years ago. Can all this be anything to do with the connection little box just outside the house? It does look very old, and it was there when we moved in 14 years ago. Not sure it has ever been checked. The master socket inside was replaced about 4-5 years ago but not that box.
Ainara
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 22 of 32

Hi ainarita,

Thanks. I've re-checked the connection stats now and the sync speed hasn't increased. Do you have an alternative router that you can test with?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 23 of 32

Hi ainarita

Thank you, we will check the connection stats again on Monday to see if DLM has made any changes to the line profile/speed.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 24 of 32
Sure, no problem, thank you
Ainara

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 25 of 32

Hi ainarita,

Thank you. Would it be possible to keep the router connected at the test socket for a few days as it can take DLM up to 48hrs to start making changes to the speed if the connection remains stable?

Thanks

Message 26 of 32
It is now plugged in the test socket, await further instructions, thank you
Ainara

Message 27 of 32

Dear Michelle,

I did that on sunday with one of your colleagues over the chat and he said the problem was fixed but nothing has improved, in fact yesterday I recorded speeds as low as 1mbps, today it's slightly better at 39mbps but still nowhere near the minimum guaranteed of 49mbps nor the estimated 51mbps-80mbps that service centre says. I will plug it in the test socket again with the microfilter until I hear from you again. Thank you.

Ainara
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 28 of 32

Hi ainarita,

Thank you. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault. Does your master socket have a test socket? If it does then would it be possible to connect the microfilter and router at the test socket so we can see if DLM starts to make any changes to the sync speed please?

Thanks

Message 29 of 32

Info updated

Ainara

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 30 of 32

Hi ainarita

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

Debbie

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 31 of 32

Live Chat will show as available after 9am, @ainarita, in a link if you scroll down this page:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Our-update-on-Coronavirus/ta-p/2468300

You can also ring 03451 720046 Monday to Saturday (not Sunday), also after 9am. 

Staff will be back on here from Monday to Friday. 

If you need help from them, please complete your community forum profile details. Go via your avatar/name; settings; launch profile wizard; make sure you put in your landline phone number and a fallback mobile phone number; click finish to save. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.