FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre keeps dropping out

EJ29768
Popular Poster
Message 7 of 7

Since Thursday of last week, my Fibre 35 keeps dropping out. It can be fine for a few hours, then the wifi goes down and all devices lose connection. Restarting the hub does always reinstate the connection, but this is happening several times per day. 

Mostly the lights on the hub are green and flashing when the wifi drops out, but this morning the internet light was steady red. 

I have tried turning the hub off for 20 minutes, then when the problem persisted I turned it off for over half an hour. It happened again after this. When we upgraded to Fibre 35 a few months ago, we weren't supplied with a new hub.

When I do a speed test, the speed to router is 'good', but the speed to devices is 'poor'. There's never a problem with speed, it's just the drop-outs.

I started a new job last Monday and am working from home full time, so as always the timing of this problem is dreadful!

When we had a similar problem a few years ago, a new hub was supplied and this sorted the problem.

Any help is appreciated!

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi

All tests are clear but I can see there have been drops.  I've a router on the way to you so we can see if this is at fault before we progress to an engineer for you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

EJ29768
Popular Poster
Message 2 of 7

Hi Karl, 

I've updated my phone number now. 

Many thanks,

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Hi EJ29768

Can you check the home phone number in your 'Community Profile' , I'm not finding an active service with that number.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 4 of 7

Have you done a health check and run through the troubleshooting tips as detailed in the help article?

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Fix-a-dropping-broadband-connection/ta-p/2205305

EJ29768
Popular Poster
Message 5 of 7

My router is a D-link DSL3782.

The firmware is v1.10t - last updated 14/12/18... surely that can't be right!?

0 Likes

paulshent
Community Star
Message 6 of 7

An OCE will pick this up on Monday.  Available Monday to Friday working hours only

Can you state your router type and present firmware level.