FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre losing connection

tdsmithj
Chatterbox
Message 6 of 6

Looks like it is not just a issue with my property. Over last few days I have had a few drop outs but today it seems to be a big issue. I am working from home and my internet just keeps cutting out and looking at the threads it is happening to a lot of people. I can't find any issues by talktalk and the talk talk line tests come back fine.

But this website shows a problem https://istheservicedown.co.uk/status/talktalk

whats going on?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi tdsmithj

If you do experience any further issues then please let us know.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Ste_Nix14
Super Duper Contributor
Message 2 of 6
Monitor and come back if you have any more issues 😊
Steve -
Have you tried turning it off and on again!

Message 3 of 6
It's been fine from that afternoon after a router reboot. So looks like it was talk talk.
0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 4 of 6

Hi tdsmithj,

Line test is clear but I can see that there were a few reconnections yesterday, how has it been so far today?

Chris

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 5 of 6

Hi @tdsmithj,

Do you know if the problem is with the router losing its connection to the internet (in which case a light on your router which is normally constantly lit will change colour or flash), or is it that you are losing Wi-Fi connection between your device(s) and your router (in which case the light(s) on the router will just carry on looking normal).

Do you have any ‘wired’ devices, do they also lose connection ?

If the router is losing its connection to the internet it would be worth going to the Service Centre to run a connection test on your line (you may have already done this), this will indicate if there is currently a fault affecting your service. You can also access this from the ‘My Account’ site.

Also, if you have a landline phone can you check to see if that is working normally (i.e. you have a clear dial tone and no noise on the line).

If your master phone socket has a test socket then you could also try the router in there, that would then eliminate any of the phone wiring in your home as being a possible cause of the problem.

The TalkTalk staff on this community will also be able to help, they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.