FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre running slower than it should be

NathanW18
Chat Champion
Message 22 of 22

Our sync speed has been around 30 down for six months. We have had some slower speeds recently, so decided to contact customer support. They told us that our speeds were slow, and told us a new router was required. This was shipped out and has been set up for a few days now. Since the new router has been on, our sync speed has dropped to 27 down. Our upload is also at 8 up. Prior to this year, our speeds were 40/10 for quite a while.

We talked to customer support again and they tell us that there is nothing wrong with the line. Our contract is up for renewal in about 2 weeks, and we don't want to renew until our speeds have improved.

I have come here to find a solution. Can an OCE look at the line and see why our sync speed has been low for a while, please?

Screenshot_1.jpg

0 Likes
21 REPLIES 21

Message 1 of 22

Hi NathanW18

Thanks for letting us know, I'm glad to hear that the speed has increased.

Debbie

Message 2 of 22

Hi,

BT Openreach engineer visit happened yesterday. He checked the line and didn't find any issues. He also told us that our line was only capable of 32 down. I asked him how that was possible, because our router synced at 45 down when we had the faster fibre boost in the past. We've also had 40 down with regular fibre.

He did some other tests and said our SNR margin was high. He lowered it to 6. He did a DLM reset and the router is now synced at 38 down. As long as it stays around that number, we're happy with that.

Weirdly, the router says our max rate is 37, but we're synced at 38.

Screenshot_2.jpg

I'll make a new post if things start to deteriorate.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 22

Hi Chris,

I Have replied.

Can we get a date booked today, please?

0 Likes

Message 4 of 22

Hi NathanW18,

Thanks for the PM, I've replied requesting a little more information 

Chris

Message 5 of 22

Hi Chris,

I've replied to your PM.

Message 6 of 22

Hi Nathan,

I've just sent you a PM to confirm some details. Could you please reply by PM with the answers to the security questions and I'll book the engineer 

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 7 of 22

Hi Chris,

Not Wednesday or Friday this week. Apart from those two days, the earliest time slot you have, please.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 22

Hi NathanW18,

I'm sorry about the engineer visit. Are you available any day, any time slot this week? Would you just like us to book the earliest available?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 9 of 22
Well, 6pm has been and gone. No engineer visit. Probably best not to have a Friday afternoon scheduled visit again.

I know it's not TalkTalks fault, but we're not happy. Can an OCE request for another visit, please? Not Friday afternoon this time.
0 Likes

Message 10 of 22

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 11 of 22
Hi Karl,

Thank you. I will report back once the engineer has been.
0 Likes

Message 12 of 22

Hi

Engineer requested Friday 21st PM (1-6).

You can also stop using the test socket.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 22

Hi Karl,

I have responded to your PM.

Also, can we stop using the test socket now?

0 Likes

Message 14 of 22

Hi

I'll drop you a pm with the details to confirm for an engineer.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 15 of 22

Hi Debbie,

Yes. That would be great. Thank you.

Message 16 of 22

Hi NathanW18

If the sync speed hasn't increased with the router at the test socket then we can arrange an Openreach engineer visit.

Would you like me to arrange this visit?

Thanks

Debbie

Message 17 of 22

Hi Debbie,

The router had to reboot after I connected it to the test socket.

What else can be done?

0 Likes

Message 18 of 22

Hi Nathan

I've checked the connection stats again this morning and the line is still in sync at 26.2mb.

There was a re connection showing on 13/08, was the router rebooted?

Thanks

Debbie

Message 19 of 22

Hi Nathan

Thank you, we will check the connection stats again on Friday.

Debbie

Message 20 of 22

Hi Debbie,

It has not been connected to the test socket. I plugged it in like normal.

I've just plugged it into the test socket and will leave it for two days.