FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre speed dropped to snail pace

JulianH
Chatterbox
Message 9 of 9

As per title. The past few days have seen our fibre drop almost dial up speeds. My wife did some checks over the phone with tech i.e. line test, restart. But nothing was found. As I am the account holder she couldn't go further.

So what is the next step?

Thanks

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi JulianH,

I've ordered the router, it should be with you within a couple of days but please allow up to 5 working days for delivery

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

Can we get another router sent out ? if things look good on the line and at your end then that might indicate it's a router fault? My wife has already done the initial checks over the phone.

Pls advise

0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

No fluctuations it's consistently slow on both laptops

0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

Hi JulianH,

OK thanks. Sync speed is still 76Mbps. Do the speeds fluctuate or are they slow all the time? Are your speeds slower at certain times of day?

Chris

Message 5 of 9
No not just wifi. We have one laptop on wifi and one on ethernet cable.
0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

Hi

i'm showing the line in sync at 76mb and all tests are clear.

Do you see the speed drops only affecting devices over wifi ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Message 7 of 9
Ok, done that now. Thanks

ferguson
Community Star
Message 8 of 9

If you would like the online support team to look into this for you make sure that your personal details including TalkTalk landline number are complete on your community profile (click here) so that they can link your forum identity with your account and then wait for them to respond.