FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre speed lower than usual

HenleyW
First Timer
Message 5 of 5
Hello,
I am only receiving 30mbps while I used to get around 50mbps (wired). I am not sure how to fix this. Can someone help please? My partner is working from home and I will soon too. With this speed we won't be able to share the same internet so this will definitely cause work issues.

Thank you.

Nicole Woolley
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 5

Hi HenleyW,

If you still need assistance can you please add your TalkTalk landline telephone number to your community profile so that we can locate you on our systems 

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

@HenleyW, yes the Talktalk speed test is not running correctly at the moment.

I've mentioned it in my own thread. 

I had no trouble running a third party speed test so this is Talktalk's own software problem. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 3 of 5

Unfortunately I do not have my phone line set up, however I tried to run a speed test from My Account and it is failing to run the speed test. There are about 3 icons with warning signs on them in the my account area. I have spoken to customer services and was told there are some issues with the phone line here since 21st December, but no ETA as to when it will be fixed.

Thank you for your reply.

Nicole Woolley
0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 4 of 5

Hi @HenleyW,

It would be worth going to the Service Centre to do a test on your phone line, this will indicate if there is currently a fault on your line that might be affecting your speed. You can also access this from the ‘My Account’ site.

Also, if you have a landline phone can you check to see if that is working normally (i.e. you have a clear dial tone and no noise on the line).

Have you tried switching the router off for over 30 minutes, then when you switch it back on it will start a new 'session' in the street cabinet, this can sometimes help it reconnect at a better speed.

The TalkTalk staff on this community will also be able to help, they will hopefully be able to respond to this post within a few working days, they will currently be working through the backlog of posts from over Christmas.