FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre speed

snapealsnk
Conversation Starter
Message 17 of 17

Evening all, just wondering if one of  the help guys on here can help, my fibre speed has dropped between 25 and 38mbps recently and I’m on the fibre 65, this also happened when I used to be on the fibre 35 plan and speeds were not right, they sent a new router and speed went to what it was supposed to be, when I upgraded to 65 the speed was running around the 50mbps mark but last few weeks have dropped I’ve contacted talk talk to explain and have tests run which they say are fine so I asked for a replacement router to try as this solved it last time and was told no and they send engineer at a cost so I said I’ll leave it then 

C.Snape
0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16

snapealsnk
Conversation Starter
Message 1 of 17

No it’s fine as knowing my luck I’ll get a whopping bill lol 

C.Snape
0 Likes

Message 2 of 17

Hi snapealsnk

Thanks for your reply.

If the fault is found to be with Openreach maintained equipment then no charges should be applied.

If you would like to arrange an engineer visit then please let us know.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

snapealsnk
Conversation Starter
Message 3 of 17

No as it will incur a charge so I’ll just grin and bear the speed what it’s running at,

thanks for your help though really appreciate it 

C.Snape
0 Likes

Message 4 of 17

Hi,

The profile is correctly set at 80mb, and tests are clear so not able to see any issues exchange side that are limiting the speeds.  The sync speed is just below the estimated range for the line so the next option would be to arrange an engineer for you.

Would you like to do this ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

snapealsnk
Conversation Starter
Message 5 of 17

Morning Karl, had the router off for 45 mins, plugged new one in and still only getting around 41mbps WiFi speed download and in router settings only showing that the speed to router is 42mbps, plugged old router back in to test and getting 42 to router and 39 WiFi speed download, do you think that my speed is throttled from the exchange ? 

C.Snape
0 Likes

snapealsnk
Conversation Starter
Message 6 of 17

No I didn’t I’ll do that tomorrow and let you know 

C.Snape
0 Likes

Message 7 of 17

Hi

Can I just check that you powered down the router for 30 minutes prior to connecting the new router, so a new session is started ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

snapealsnk
Conversation Starter
Message 8 of 17

Hi Karl, received router today and the download speed is now 42 rather than 38, I’ve been in the settings on old router and new router and it says that the speed to the router is only 42, I’m taking it that it’s either Talktalk are not transmitting the correct speed or that my wiring in the house is not up to scratch although saying that I used to be able to get over 50 when I first changed to the 65 package 

C.Snape
0 Likes

Message 9 of 17

You're Welcome 🙂

Regards 

Karl 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

snapealsnk
Conversation Starter
Message 10 of 17

Thanks 

C.Snape
0 Likes

Message 11 of 17

Hi

I'll get the router out to you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

snapealsnk
Conversation Starter
Message 12 of 17

If you could send one out free of charge that would be great 

C.Snape
0 Likes

Message 13 of 17

Hi

Do you want to try the other Hub and see if this improves the connection.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

snapealsnk
Conversation Starter
Message 14 of 17

I’ve tried in master socket and still same, the router does tend to drop out now and again and yes I’ve tried turning off for 30 mins 

C.Snape
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 15 of 17

Hello,

I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault. Can I just confirm, does the main socket have a test socket?

Thanks

0 Likes

Ste_Nix14
Community Star
Message 16 of 17

Oh dear not very helpful at all.

What hub do you currently have? And have you been losing connection to the Hub I.e. the light changes colour and devices loose Internet connection.

Steve -
Have you tried turning it off and on again!
0 Likes