FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre unusable

kalozo
Conversation Starter
Message 10 of 10

Hi,

My fibre has been unusable over the past 48 hours. It is constantly dropping out. I am unable to stream iplayer. Speed tests indicate I am sometimes getting less than 1mb download and latency in the 1000s.

Please can someone take a look to see what the problem might be.

Thanks

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi kalozo,

Just to confirm, were the 2 different routers the same make and model?

Thanks

0 Likes

James5300
Team Player
Message 2 of 10

Hi there might be interference go to 192.168.1.1 and check your internet frequently settings they might be overlapping with your neighbor

Hope this helps 

Leave a like if it does tks

Message 3 of 10

I have now tried 2 routers and a separate access point so I am not sure a 4th is going to be any better.

Having just run a network analsyer it looks like the Amazon Firestick broadcasts a very strong wifi network on the same SSID as the wifi access point. 

Could this potentially be the problem? I have found a few posts that suggest the Firestick can cause interference. Does anyone have any thoughts on this as a potential cause to the wifi drop outs?

Thanks 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

Hi kalozo

Apologies for this.

I can send a replacement router for testing, would you like me to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

Hi,

Yes - I have used a wi-fi analyser and picked the quietest channel.

No matter which access point I use, the wifi is dropping out a few times an hour at the moment.

What can keep knocking the wifi out?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 6 of 10

Hi kalozo,

Thanks for the update. Have you tried a few different wireless channels to see how the speed and stability compares?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

Everything is connected via wifi. I have now added a different access point connected to the router to see if that resolves the issues.

BUT this is a consumer package. I should not have to be wasting my time due to the routers provided by Talktalk not being fit for purpose. I am on my second Talktalk router because the first one didn't work properly. The second one was OK as a router but useless as an acess point. So I am now effectively on a third access point configuration.

This is just not acceptable - I have never had so many problems with other providers. My previous service with EE did not have a minute of down time for years.

I guess you get what you pay for...

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 8 of 10

Hi kalozo,

I'm sorry to hear this and I'll take a look now. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault. The connection also looks stable and the sync speed looks ok. Just to confirm, are you connected wired or wireless?

Thanks

0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Message 9 of 10

Hi Kalozo, that's a pain! Are you finding this problem both wired and wireless? Has anything changed in your locality? We had some storms earlier in the week.

Have you tried a router reboot?

Your post has been flagged for assistance so you should hear during the day.

How is your landline? Any noise or interference?

D

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.