FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre with Speed Boost - activated but no change in speed

zonkkk
Chat Champion
Message 11 of 11

I have ordered the speed boost last Tuesday, I was told it was activate on Wednesday and then, another representative said it was activated on Friday.

My router connects at 36Mbps just as before, so there was no speed increase following the Speed Boost activation.

I have spent a few hours with Technical Chat over the last few days and was not given a solution other than restart your router, we will run some tests on your line, etc...

The last one was: "Wait for 14 days for the connection to 'stabilize'!" I have never heard of such a thing.

Can one of the mods look into this? Thank you.

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

Great, thanks for your help.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 11

Hi zonkkk

If you contact our Customer Service Team using Live Chat then they can remove this for you.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 3 of 11

I agree with your insight and recommendations.

Can you remove the speed boost from my account or should I contact the chat teams?

Thank you.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 11

Hi zonkkk

Thanks for the Private Message.

I've checked and the predicted speed range for your line is showing between 40 and 32mb, with a guaranteed minimum speed of 28.3mb.

I would suggest removing the fibre speed boost as your speed won't increase past 40mb. Our Customer Service Team can arrange this for you.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 5 of 11

Hi zonkkk

Yes, the boost would only be beneficial if your line was already syncing at the full 40mb.

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so I can check the predicted speeds for your line.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 6 of 11

Thanks for checking.

That is exactly what I was getting before adding the Speed Boost (36Mbps download, 10Mbps upload).

Hmm, this actually makes a lot of sense: if it wasn't synching at 40Mbps before, adding the speed boost would not make any difference?

0 Likes

Message 7 of 11

Hi zonkkk

Your line is showing in sync at 36.5mb.

What speed were you receiving before adding the fibre speed boost?

If your line was not already in sync at 40mb then the speed boost wouldn't increase the speed any further.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 8 of 11

I have just asked my wife to do this, this morning. Turned off at 7:33 and turned back on at 8:05.

She didn't check the speed before she left home. I was just on Chat and they just said the router is unreachable, when I tried to ask them for the speed that the router is synched at.

It may mean that my wife didn't turn it back on?

Can you check?

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 9 of 11

Hi zonkkk

I'm sorry to hear this.

Just to confirm, have you powered down your router for a full 30 minutes?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Message 10 of 11

Hi Zonkkk, your post has been flagged for assistance and you should hear during tomorrow, in the meantime have you checked what your sync speed is currently? If that is a nice big number, like 79999 it could be worthwhile disconnecting your router for a full 30 minutes then restarting. It worked for me😀

If that fails theOCE team will help tomorrow.

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
0 Likes