FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre150 broadband disconnects when answering or hanging up land line calls

siden1
Popular Poster
Message 17 of 17

Hi - I had the Fibre150 service installed today and whilst the speed is great the service disconnects every time I answer or hang up landline calls.

I have a main phone point with built-in microfilter (an FTTC according to the main phone socket guide on your site). I also have two other phone points but they have nothing plugged into them (no micro filters) and the problem persists.

The newly installed white Openreach router drops Internet and DSL lights, taking about 2 minutes to reconnect.

I have tried two completely different handsets (i.e. handset, base unit and cabling all different) and the behaviour is the same.

I have unplugged all landline phones and allowed calls to go to voicemail - the internet does not disconnect.

This problem did not happen with my previous router, or when using the Fibre150 router without the Openreach router. The introduction of this router has resulted in the broadband drops.

Please advise the next steps to resolving this issue.

0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16

Message 1 of 17

Hi Simon

that's great news, glad its resolved for you.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 2 of 17
Quick update - the Openreach engineer attended today and resolved the issue (related to the previous installation of a main socket).

Thanks again for the speedy resolution of this fault.
Simon.
0 Likes

Message 3 of 17

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 17

Thanks Karl - that's really quick. I'll make sure I'm around.

Simon.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 17

Hi

An engineer has been Booked for Thursday 29th April AM (8-1).

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 6 of 17

Thanks Karl - I'm new to this website and am assuming PM alerts will appear below my avatar. If I need to look somewhere else please advise.

Thanks,

Simon.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 17

Hi Simon

I'll drop you a PM to confirm some details for an engineer to visit.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 8 of 17

Thanks Michelle - no changes were made to the master socket. The additional router was installed and connected up.

Yes please in terms of an engineer visit - this is definitely something I need to get resolved.

Thanks,

Simon.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 17

Hi Simon,

I'm sorry I missed that. If this only started happening after the engineer installed this and nothing has changed to the set up then the next step will be to arrange engineer visit to the property. Did the engineer replace/make any changes to the master socket? Would you like to go ahead with the visit and we can confirm some details with you.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 10 of 17

Hi Michelle - as per my first post, I've tried two different handsets. They are completely different models and I used different cables as well. The exact same issue occurred.

Thanks,

Simon.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 17

Hi Simon,

Thanks for the additional information. Do you have a different handset that you could connect to test just so we can rule this out?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 12 of 17

Hi Michelle - The broadband connection is stable and runs quickly, so I'm not surprised it looks ok.

When the disconnect happens the Internet and DSL lights on the Openreach badged router go off. The LAN and Power lights remain on. The modem remains connected to the router - and I can continue to ping it.

If I remove the phone the disconnect doesn't happen - it's also fine when the call goes through to the Talktalk answerphone service (i.e. the one in the cloud).

If I connect the phone and broadband through the testing port the broadband still disconnects when answering/hanging up.

Thanks,

Simon.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 17

Hi Simon,

Thank you. I've run a test on the line now which hasn't detected a fault. The connection also looks stable. When this happens do any of the lights change on the router or the modem? If you remove the phone and then call the line, does the connection still drop?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 14 of 17
Hi Michelle - thanks for replying. They are both switched on now. I switched them off overnight to give everything a fresh start today.

Thanks,
Simon.

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 15 of 17

Hi siden1,

I'm sorry to hear this and I will take a look now. Can I just confirm, are the modem and router both connected and switched on at the moment?

Thanks

0 Likes

siden1
Popular Poster
Message 16 of 17

A quick update - I've just tried the test connection within the main incoming phone point using a micro filter and the same happens. Immediate drop of broadband when answering or hanging up.

0 Likes