FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre150 down

Infernalw
Team Player
Message 7 of 7

Good morning.

Thursday approx 4:30pm my fibre went down. The G-Fast modem has only the power and ethernet lights on. The 5364 router is solid orange.

Have tried leaving it unplugged from power for a few hours but no change.

When connecting an old landline phone to the line there is no dial tone. I can't be sure if this is the fault or if the old phone has finally died.

Modem is plugged into master socket and no other devices are on the phone line.

I haven't bothered calling support because... Well, you know how that goes.

Thanks in advance for your help.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Morning,

I'm glad to hear this and please let us know if you need any assistance 🙂

Thanks

0 Likes

Infernalw
Team Player
Message 2 of 7

I can confirm that the engineer visited this morning, spent an hour up the pole and has now fixed the issue.

Thank you for your help 🙂

I'll only update this thread again if there are any problems over the next few days.

Message 3 of 7

Hi,

Thanks for confirming and we will check back in with you again tomorrow afternoon.

Thanks

0 Likes

Infernalw
Team Player
Message 4 of 7

Good morning.

Thank you for checking in.

What I get from the connection test page is that engineers were sent to check my line on both Friday and Sunday but seems neither could fix it. So as you can probably see, I have an engineer appointment booked for Tuesday morning for them to come to the house.

It'll be quite surprising if it's an internal issue. There's no internal wiring other than a few inches through the wall, then a short cable to the modem. All of which were supplied by Openreach less than a year ago.

I'll update once they've been.

Thanks again.

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 7

Morning,

I can see that the fault is still with Openreach and we will check back in with you again tomorrow.

Thanks

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 6 of 7

Hi Infernalw

I'm sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test which has detected a potential line fault so I have passed this over to Openreach to be investigated by a line engineer.

We should receive further updates from Openreach within the next 48-72hrs.

Thanks

0 Likes