FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre35 speed drop overnight

Gordon1946
Popular Poster
Message 6 of 6

Since moving to Fibre35 last week I am finding that my download speed is dropping overnight from 16.5Mbps to between 9 & 10 Mbps. The only way to get the speed back is to reboot the router each morning.

My expected speed is between 15.5 & 25 with a guaranteed minimum speed of 14Mbps.

The automated checks all come back with the report that everything is performing as expected.

how can I get this rectified?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Do you just have the router and a telephone connected to your test socket via a filter? Is your router connected to a multi-socket electrical extension lead shared with other device? (just wondering if it's picking up any interference)

Chris

0 Likes

Gordon1946
Popular Poster
Message 2 of 6

Yes. Been permanently connected for some years on advice of TT engineer on visit when all contact was lost. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

OK thanks. Is your router currently connected to your test socket?

Chris

0 Likes

Gordon1946
Popular Poster
Message 4 of 6

Hi Chris. 

No we have no noise or problem with phone line.

This problem has only occurred since change to Fibre35 last week.

Every morning the speed has dropped to 9 or 10 Mbps. 

This morning it was 12. Have gone through the Fault Tracking System this morning which said speed to router only 9Mbps. Followed Troubleshooter, replaced Microfilter, and was kicked off as taking an age to reconnect. (This is a regular problem as can take up to 10mins)

Eventually connected at a speed to router of 16.5Mbps which is what I was getting before I changed to Fibre35.

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 6

Hi Gordon1946,

Line test is clear, are you experiencing any problems with you telephone service, any noise on the line?

Chris

0 Likes