FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre65 no phone, internet spped well below the guaranteed minimum

SM4545
First Timer
Message 5 of 5

My connection went live last Friday, but connection speed was 35 Mbps, way below the guaranteed 50. No dialtone on the phone. I contacted support (Sunday), was told I would get an update in 72 hours. No joy, tried again Thursday, was told engineer was working on it, but no time estimate possible. Posted a review on Trustpilot and got a text within minutes saying the problem will be fixed in 2-3 days. On logging in I see in the status update that the problem has now been fixed. BUT - still NO PHONE service, connection speed unchanged at 35-36 Mbps tried at different times, different devices. The plan is for 2 years - I want ot get out if I can't get the promised service now. 

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi SM4545

I'm so glad to hear that this fault has been resolved.

This help page should provide further information About your auto compensation credit

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

Thanks to your service team and the Outreach Engineer  who arrived as arranged and promptly found and fixed the problem.  Both phoneline and connection speed seem resolved. 

The only remaining question I have is, do I get a refund for the 12 days I was without a phone connection? I was told it would be done once the problem is fixed. 

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 5

Hi SM4545

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I can see that this fault has been raised to Openreach and an engineer visit has been arranged for 24/03 AM (8am - 1pm)

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 4 of 5

Hi @SM4545,

For one of the TalkTalk staff on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile.

The staff on this community won't be around until Monday now, so you may get faster support by using the live chat or phoning up over the weekend, however the staff here should respond to this topic early next week to help if you are still having issues.