FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre65 not working after moving home, router flashing orange

Strimer
Chatterbox
Message 10 of 10

Hi, 

I moved 3/07/2021 on a new address. 5/07/2021 (going live day) openreach engineer  installed socket in my house and to prove it is working sent me the speeds.

13:06 OGEA73914830

MFL=LN DOWN:36.6Mbit/s

UP:7.7Mbit/s In Sync On: 5/07/2021 12:47 ***END***

Unfortunatelly since that time I wasn`t able to connect with internet even for an second. 

I spent over 12 hours on a live chat (in several days) doing same tests not bringing any solution. In all those sessions with livechat i tested 4 routers: 2 brand new sent by talk talk, one old from previous house (fibre35) and one I bought brand new (TP LINK VR 600). I checked 4 different broadband cables and microfilters, I`ve try absolutly everything. 

While I`m awaiting another new talk talk router I decided to ask here for help. It`s already 11 days I`m without internet.

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi

I'm glad to hear that the engineer has resolved the issue for you. If you contact our billing teams they can look into any compensation for you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Strimer
Chatterbox
Message 2 of 10

Thank You all for your help. In the end of the day engineer Jason, came to my house and noticed that problem is in the box on the street. He drove there and my address wasnt connected at all. He came back and since that time everything is running, I`m writing this post using Talk Talk broadband internet connection. Already sent good word about him to openreach.

At the moment I wonder if I can claim for the time I was offline (it was 15 days).

0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

Hi

Sorry to hear this.  Please let me know what happens when the engineer returns.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Strimer
Chatterbox
Message 4 of 10

Bit of update from me.

Unfortunatelly router is still flashing orange. Engineer fixed the fault this morning, phone called me when I was at work that everything should be working and I should get connection with the internet straight on. 

While I was at work my wife try to get connection by unplugging router for 30 minutes from the power source and resetting it. 

After coming back from work I did the same, checked the cables connection and used the other boradband cables.

In the end decied to call engineer which is gonna to come back this afternoon. I`ll keep You updated guys. SO far no internet. And orange is my most disliked color 😜

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

Hi

Sorry it's taking a little longer than usual to resolve. I've checked with Openreach this morning, and the fault has been assigned to an engineer and this is scheduled for 20th (Tomorrow).

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 6 of 10

You are amazing guys, You can find solution for the problem in couple of hours while, live chat couldn`t sort it out for 11 days. You are doing great job. Keep it up guys.

I expect it`s gonna last couple of days, but roughly, any idea how long it may last to fix the fault and connect me to the internet?

0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

Hi

One of my line tests is picking up a line fault.

I've logged this out to BT Openreach for a Non Appointed engineer - Non appointed means the engineer will be dispatched to look at the line without requiring an appointment be made with you to visit your property.  

Thanks

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 8 of 10

Hi Michelle,

Thank You very much for quick responding. I can`t check if there is the dial tone, I have no phone, i have never used phone at home. Socket version is 5C it has test socket and aswell I did try many times synch my router with connection using test socket. I`m not an expert but I bet it must be something wrong in the box on the street or in the socket itself.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 9 of 10

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear this. Can I just confirm, is the voice service ok? Do you have a dial tone? Does the main socket have a test socket?

Thanks

0 Likes