FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre65 upgrade process

JayPTee
First Timer
Message 6 of 6

Hi

I'm upgrading from Faster Fibre to Fibre65. This change is supposed to happen today. After midnight, my internet went down and a solid amber light came on. Turned the router off for 30 minutes then back on again but the solid amber light remained.

Got up this morning to find internet connectivity has been restored but my account still says the Fibre65 order is pending. Is this normal? Also, will I lose internet connectivity again when the switch eventually happens - have a lot of smart products that rely on connectivity including Hive.

Thought this change would be easy - simply removing a speed limit.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Sorry, I misread your previous post, hadn't realised that you were already on a fibre circuit. Let me take a look at this and I'll get back to you

Chris

JayPTee
First Timer
Message 2 of 6

TalkTalk speed test reports speed to router is 39 Mbps. Speed to device 37 Mbps. Router Hub reports download speed of 40Mbps

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

OK thanks. If you're upgrading from faster fibre this is a different product, 'simply removing the speed limit' when upgrading to Fibre 65 would only apply if you were previously on Fibre 35.

Could you try a speed test and let me know the result

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

JayPTee
First Timer
Message 4 of 6

My existing package is called Faster Fibre

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 6

Hi JayPTee,

Did you upgrade from Fibre 35 to Fibre 65?

Chris

0 Likes