FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firmware upgrade request

bhartland
Chatterbox
Message 15 of 15

I have a Talktalk Sagemcom router on firmware version SG4K10002816t.

I need to set up a static route on the router, but I can't because of a known bug with this firmware version.

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Broadband/Static-Route-Help/td-p/2591489 

Talktalk have been aware of this bug since July 2020 and said that new firmware was being deployed starting in September 2021.

4 months later and I still haven't received the new firmware. Can my router be manually updated please?

Thanks

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14

Message 1 of 15

Hi bhartland

I can now update the FW for you. Just to advise, we need the router to be kept on whilst the FW is updating.

Please can you add your name and TalkTalk landline number to your Community and also provide a time for when I can do the firmware update?

Thanks

0 Likes

bhartland
Chatterbox
Message 2 of 15

Is the firmware update still paused @Debbie-TalkTalk ? It's now been about 3 months since the rollout was paused and my router is still on the old firmware version.

I'm surprised that Talktalk will delay firmware rollouts for months to fix a particular issue, but will leave other known issues unfixed. Talktalk have been aware of the static route issue I'm having for 21 months, so almost 2 years now.

Can you at least confirm that the new firmware version fixes the issue I'm having?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 3 of 15

Hi bhartland

Yes sorry, no additional updates at the moment as to when the roll out will start again.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 4 of 15

Yes, @bhartland - no news to the contrary. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

bhartland
Chatterbox
Message 5 of 15

Still paused?

0 Likes

Message 6 of 15

Hi @baltutis

Please can you create a new topic on the Community, we can then take a look at this for you.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

baltutis
Whizz Kid
Message 7 of 15

Please let me know latest Sagemcom router firmware version.

Mine brand new router still in box, because useless due DNS problems.

Over 1 year use third party router.

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 8 of 15

Hi bhartland

Yes the firmware rollout for the Sagemcom hub has been paused for now.

Thanks

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 9 of 15

It did start up again, but I believe it may be paused again now, as some more people were experiencing VPN issues after a recent batch of updates happened.

0 Likes

bhartland
Chatterbox
Message 10 of 15

@Michelle-TalkTalkIs the firmware rollout still paused?

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 11 of 15

Morning,

The firmware rollout has been paused at the moment while the products team investigate a potential VPN issue. We should hopefully know more this week as to when this will re-commence.

Thanks

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 12 of 15

@justmusic You have a different issue. The firmware should update automatically overnight. If not, or you need any further help, please start your own topic. 

justmusic
First Timer
Message 13 of 15

Hi, as with the original poster, I have a brand new FAST5364 3.00 router that arrived today to replace an existing one that failed a couple of weeks ago.

I'm also having problems with setting DNS etc. It's on SG4K10001400t.  Will it get its firmware update OTA or will I need to be sent the file?  Thanks.

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 14 of 15

Hi @bhartland,

The rollout of the new firmware version is currently paused whilst TalkTalk investigate a small problem. So it may be that it will be a while before you get the new firmware. So the only quick fix may be to get TalkTalk to send you a router of a different model.

For one of the TalkTalk staff on this community to be able to help you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile (only you and the TalkTalk staff on this community can see your profile details).

The staff here won't be around now until Monday, but they should be able to respond to this post early next week to help.