FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fister FIbre with speedboost downgraded to Fibre 35 with new order I never placed!

kalinorela
Team Player
Message 8 of 8

Hello.

I have suddenly discovered that my Faster Fibre package with speed boost was changed to Fibre 35.

I logged in to my account and under track order i saw the following:

Screenshot 2022-03-16 201410.png

I have not placed any orders and have no confirmation of any order being placed!

How is this possible?

Regards

7 REPLIES 7

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 8

Hi kalinorela,

If you'd like us to take a look at this can you please reply to my PM with the answers to the security questions

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

kalinorela
Team Player
Message 2 of 8

Hi.

Some background below.

My contract was coming to an end on the 13th April and I did receive an email regarding extending (on the 11th March) however I did NOT click on any links in that email because my intention was to switch providers when my contract expired.

On the 16th after discovering my contract was extended, without my consent or any kind of notification, I posted here and then i phoned talk talk on the 17th to find out what happened.

Speaking with a consultant I was told that "my package was automatically upgraded since i was on an old obsolete package and there has been upgrades in the area".

I am not sure how  switching me to a new package with a lower speed is an upgrade! (I was on faster fibre with speed boost package - 80/20 Mbps speeds). Also this "upgrade" is kind of coincidental with my contract expiring!?

Anyways in that same call I was offered to be switched to the higher speed package, which i declined and said i will be switching providers.

After the call I then immediately requested a switch with my new provider, hence the continuation on this post is after my switch request.

I want to express my concern (don't think anyone will even consider it but anyway) regarding these "automatic upgrades" without customer consent or any sort of communication/information and I have to ask how can this be legal?

Regards

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 3 of 8

@AllyM ,

Sounded to me like the original post had been overtaken by events. Doubtless the poster will be back if they feel the need. 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

@Gliwmaeden2 wrote:

this customer received a clear enough reply from staff on Friday. 

@Gliwmaeden2 ,

Sounded to me like just washing their hands of the customer

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 5 of 8

@AllyM, this customer received a clear enough reply from staff on Friday. 

Best not to complicate matters.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

AllyM
Philosopher
Message 6 of 8

@kalinorela ,

Your package shouldn't be changed without your consent.

One thought that springs to mind is that you may have accidentally clicked a link in an email or an offer in My Account area?

Whatever the case, I think the best thing to do would be to contact the loyalty team on 0345 172 0088 or via live chat here: Our live chat team - TalkTalk Help & Support to get it sorted.

If, as Arne says, another provider has now asked to take over the line, then I would be contacting them even more urgently to get that stopped and work out what's going on.

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 7 of 8

Hi kalinorela

I can see that you have asked another provider to take the line. 

Sorry that you have decided to leave.

0 Likes