FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flashing Amber / Reset Goes White Briefly

MrMagpieMan
Popular Poster
Message 9 of 9

Hello,

Having an issue with my fibre broadband.

The amber light was flashing and connection dropped, I reported fault three days ago. Received a message saying a line issue had been resolved and would take 2-3 days to settle in.

Turning the router on in the mornings over the last couple of days had kept a signal for some of the day but the connection dropped again in afternoon / evening.

This morning I turned on the router and got a white light, but my IPad was giving messages that it was not connecting to the internet, although it was connecting to router. Resetting tonight is giving a solid white light which goes off after about five seconds, then I get the flashing amber light again.

I spoke to a person on the phone helpline, and suggested that my equipment is faulty, but I have not changed anything recently. I did try a new filter, but this did not help.

Any ideas what’s happening and how to resolve it?

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi

I'll drop you a PM with the details to confirm.

Please note, with the Bank Holidays we will not be able to arrange an engineer visit until Monday onwards.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

MrMagpieMan
Popular Poster
Message 2 of 9

Hello,

thanks for getting back to me. 
Yes, we can arrange an engineer visit. I’ll need a few days notice as I will have to arrange time off from work. What details do you need from me?

0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

Morning,

I'm sorry for the delay. If the connection is unstable at the test socket with 2 different routers, cables and microfilters then the next step will be to arrange an engineer visit to the property. Would you like to go ahead with this and we can confirm some details with you?

Thanks

0 Likes

MrMagpieMan
Popular Poster
Message 4 of 9

Now a few days in, white light is coming on, and going off again, sometimes for hours at a time.

I tried a new router, but that isn’t picking up the net either.

I have reported fault again, but office is now closed so I can’t get results.

Can anyone from TalkTalk help here?

0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

Hello,

Can I just confirm, is the router switched on at the moment? Do you have an alternative router that you can test with please?

Thanks

0 Likes

MrMagpieMan
Popular Poster
Message 6 of 9

Hello, sorry replying late. It came on this morning and has been working through the day until this evening 8:30 when it stopped again.

I have tried the landline signal which is fine, don’t have a master socket to try. Also have reset the router a few times.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 7 of 9

Morning,

I've run a test on the line now which is clear and I can only see 1 re-connection on the line. Can I just confirm, are you able to connect at the moment? Do you have any devices connected wired?

Thanks

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 8 of 9

Hi @MrMagpieMan,

If you have a landline phone can you check to see if that is working normally (i.e. you have a clear dial tone and no noise on the line).

If your master phone socket has a test socket then you could also try the router in there (via a microfilter), that would then eliminate any of the phone wiring in your home as being a possible cause of the problem.

You could try a factory reset of the router by holding in the reset switch on the back for over 10 seconds, but this would lose any settings you may have ever changed in the router.

The TalkTalk Support Team on this community will be able to help, they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.

0 Likes