FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flashing orange light on hub

EJane
Participant
Message 8 of 8

Hi there 

My router has had a flashing orange light on since 3pm this afternoon and I've not been able to connect to the internet since.

I've followed the basic instructions and done a service check with mixed results. I've also seen some of the old chats where people experienced the same thing and it doesnt look very hopeful.

How do I get this fixed?

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi,

No Problem 🙂

Let me know if you need my assistance once the engineer has been.

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

EJane
Participant
Message 2 of 8

Thanks Karl, I spoke to someone yesterday and I have an engineer coming tomorrow morning. We did all the tests over the weekend and the phone line is definitely faulty. I really appreciate you coming back to me though. Fingers crossed tomorrow we'll have it fixed.

Message 3 of 8

Hi @EJane

If the phone line is not working then this will need an engineer to look at this.

I've tested the line and it is showing a loop fault.  This is basically wires touching.

To make sure this is not your side, unplug everything, and test an alternative handset at the master socket or 'Test Socket' if you have one, and if the line is still 'dead', let me know asap so I can progress an engineer for you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Message 4 of 8

Hi @EJane well the info about the line dropping at the same time suggests an external fault and it looks as though BT and tt are on the case. Were their any road accidents or tree lopping in your vicinity in the time before the failure. It's nigh on impossible to speak to anyone at the moment due to call centre issues. 

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
0 Likes

EJane
Participant
Message 5 of 8

Just to update you.  I've had a really frustrating weekend with this.  I didn't mention before but my landline went dead at the same time as the internet cut off.  This has never happened before, so I'm convinced this is the cause of the problem.  I had 5 further chats with the Service Centre staff yesterday, as the connection kept dropping off (as I was having to use my data), so that was another 3 hours.  They have done checks and are sending me a new hub as they think it's faulty.  An engineer has also checked the phone line, but I've had very mixed messaged regarding this - one text telling me that they've been working on my line and everything should be ok in a few days!! And one telling me they've checked my line and everything is fine - it's not!!  I'm now using my next door neighbour's wifi to allow me to work, but it's all very frustrating.  I really need to speak to someone about this.  Does anyone know a number I can call to actually speak to someone?  Sorry about the rant, but with the heat and all tempers are a little frayed ... thanks in advance for any help

0 Likes

EJane
Participant
Message 6 of 8

Hi there

Thanks for that. I was in a chat to the team earlier for an hour and they went off to check mybkind. Unfortunately they then appeared to cut me off as I've not heard anything for 40 minutes, but pretty sure as my phone line is dead too that we'll need an engineer to visit. I'll wait to hear from then and chase up again tomorrow if need be.

0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Message 7 of 8

Hi @EJane Your post has been flagged for assistance and you should hear soon but please remember that the staff here work office hours.

Just hang in there till Monday and the staff here will get you sorted.

You sound to have explored all the self help options, checked cables, reboot, reset,...... 

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
0 Likes