FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flashing supplied modem router?

tomgould
Popular Poster
Message 7 of 7

Hi Guys 

Has anyone flashed a better OS to the supplied router? Is it possible?

TT seem to have supplied a router with very basic controls and it is not currently able to allow me to do what I want so I am wondering about installing a new OS/Firmware to unlock the features I want from the device

Has anyone got any advice for getting the best out of the hardware with better software?

Is it possible?, Which flavor do I want? etc

Thanks

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

I tried a Draytek vigor 130. More bells and whistles but crucially impossible to access stats without disconnecting router. So I finished up with Draytek 2762 (without WiFi) and I'm sure I will still be learning it in 5 years time. I put my Asus router into ap mode.

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.

Message 2 of 7
Which brand / model did you go for ?

I already have a good router so only need a modem
0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Hi

It is not possible to flash the TalkTalk router.  The router supplied is suitable for a broadband connection however if you require a router to perform additional functionality then we do advise that you source your own compatible router.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

Hi Tom yep. Also it would be nigh on impossible for TT to support non standard software.

Why not buy your own, top quality, tweak it every which way third party modem router?

Worked for me.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 7

Retain ownership of what? The restrictive hardware? 

0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Message 6 of 7

Hi Tom, welcome to the community. Ive not heard of anyone doing it successfully, a dont forget TT retain ownership.

0 Likes