FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free Upgrade to FTTP (Cityfibre) - Engineer Booked SMS - No other comms

speedygonzalez
Whizz Kid
Message 20 of 20

FAO: Talk Talk Team

I have been notified by SMS:

" ... this is CityFibre, Great news, we're working with TalkTalk to upgrade your home to more reliable Full Fibre broadband for no extra cost.  One of our engineers will visit you ... to install the new fibre connection. ..."

I rang up TalkTalk and have been passed from team to team, Future Fibre were of little help - only selling upgraded packages.

Spoke to someone today, who explained the upgrade was simply a swap of the FTTC to FTTP, no change to broadband package (Fibre 65) and no change in price, which all seems reasonable.  

Apart for an SMS I have nothing else on email or letter from TalkTalk regrading this upgrade.

The main question I have is the property is on a private road with block paving shared with 2 neighbours,  so far no information from TalkTalkor CityFibre on Wayleave Agreement for access.

Wondering if anyone the TALKTALK  OCE team can help or provide me with some info on what is happening? 

There is mention in an automated SMS  (PERMISSIONS) that a "permissions document sent to you email" needs to be returned before the install date..  I have not received any email.

General feedback - great idea but very poor communications from TalkTalk/CityFibre on the upgrade.

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
19 REPLIES 19

Message 1 of 20

Hello,

Ok thanks for confirming. I'd recommend Live Chatting our Future Team directly as they should be able and check and confirm this for you. I've included a guide below which has the live chat button at the very bottom of the page.

Guide to Future Fibre and FTTP | TalkTalk

Thanks

Message 2 of 20

Hi,

Just checked this morning ,there is a dial tone,  the FTTC line is live.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 3 of 20

Morning,

Thanks for the update and I'm glad to hear that the installation went ok. Is there still a dial tone at the old socket?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 20

Hello @Chris-TalkTalk ,

I did recieve a call from CityFibre (orderdesk) last Friday, who sort of got what I was requesting, and they promptly emailed over a Wayleave Form. 

Had the install today, the Kelly Communications engineers, were really great, the wayleave form was not needed as they reused the Openreach duct (what i hoped they would do). 

The new link was up and running on Full Fibre within  a couple of hours, ONT is connected to my router and all is working well. 

More feedback: 

There is zero communication from Talktalk on what happens once the FTTP connection is live, when is the Phoneline and FTTC line switched off? 

I have switched off the Openreach Modem (FTTC) and I dont use the landline, it would be good to know all the same.

Thank you for your help.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 20

Thanks for your feedback, apologies for any inconvenience. I'll let you know when I have any more information

Chris

Message 6 of 20

@Chris-TalkTalk 

just off the phone with customer support at talktalk. 

They have no idea about access permissions/ wayleave. 

Been advised a Cityfibre surveyor should conduct  a pre-install survey.  

This whole process is bit of a communications mess, Cityfibre have no means to answer the question, direct me to TalkTalk, Future Fibre sales have no clue on this, customer support can verify install date and package. But no one is able to answer a simple question. 

not sure how this is being managed or who this feedback should be direxted at. It  would be good for a customer to be told what is happening with an order placed by Talktalk with Cityfibre.  How the nonstandard install on a private  road are handled inc permissions/ wayleave if needed. 

Also it would of been far easier, if an email or letter had been sent from talk talk to explaining why the upgrade to FTTP, what is changing, ,service, contract inc. cost, what is gained and whatbis lost with FTTP. who is doing the work and how the upgrade is carried out. 

If your hear something back that be great, otherwise will just have to wait an see what happens on Monday. 

Thanks. 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 20

OK, sorry about this, I did chase them up again yesterday but I've not received a response yet. I'll let you know when I have any further information

Chris

0 Likes

Message 8 of 20

@Chris-TalkTalk 

I received an email this morning from Cityfibre confirming appointment for next monday.

I still have not received any email from talktalk/cityfibre regarding the permission/ wayleave for access on a private road. 

Thanks 

0 Likes

Message 9 of 20

OK thanks. I don't think not having contact via email selected will have caused this, I think that's just for marketing.

I'll chase this again, apologies for the delay

Chris

Message 10 of 20

@Chris-TalkTalk 

yes its my account/ billing email address. 

I checked on my account, preferences, the contact via email was not selected. would this be the cause of not getting the email?

i have enabled email contact. 

thanks

0 Likes

Message 11 of 20

OK, thanks for checking, just to confirm, is the email account that you are checking the one that you have registered for you TalkTalk bills?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 12 of 20

No email received, nothing in junk folder.  

0 Likes

Message 13 of 20

Sorry for the delay. Looks as though a request was made to resend the email, I take it you haven't received anything?

Chris

0 Likes

speedygonzalez
Whizz Kid
Message 14 of 20

hi

Wondering if there has been any update from the future fibre team. 

On another note, I received an ethernet cable from TalkTalk, no idea why or what for?  Have not requested anything?

any ideas? anything todo with the Fttp upgrade?

thanks

0 Likes

Message 15 of 20

Hi speedygonzalez,

I've asked our Future Fibre team to take a look at this, I'll let you know when I receive an update

Chris

0 Likes

Message 16 of 20

Hi Michelle

I have chatted with TalkTalk Full Fibre Customer Service & Billing and Technical Team.  They were only able to confirm the install date, was told to call a number who who be able to help, was given the wrong number got through to Sales Openreach Fibre, they forwarded me to technical support, who forward me to some on who knew something about the Free upgrade but could not answer the permissions/wayleave question

I have checked the  SPAM/JUNK folders - no emails.

0 Likes

Message 17 of 20

Hi,

Ok thanks for confirming. Did you also check to see if the email may have gone into the junk/spam folder? I'd recommend Live Chatting the team directly as they should be able to look into this for you. The help guide below has a link to the Live Chat team at the very bottom of the page.

Thanks

0 Likes

speedygonzalez
Whizz Kid
Message 18 of 20

Michelle, I spoke to someone over the phone. 

Thanks

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 19 of 20

Hello,

Can I just confirm, have you been in contact with our Future Fibre Team directly via Live Chat?

Guide to Future Fibre and FTTP | TalkTalk

Thanks

0 Likes