FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free Upgrade

davep
Insightful One
Message 19 of 19

I got an email and text giving me "great news" that I would (maybe?)  be getting an upgrade to a faster service on 04/01/2022.  I have tried email and chat to find out what I might get.  I received a text to say my "complaint" has been escalated and I would be contacted at 14.00 - 16.00 on 22/12/2021.  I wasn't contacted.

Can an OCE please confirm what I'm offered, that there really will be no charge (my account mentions TV which I do not want and the chat said I wouldn't get),  that my unlimited UK calls are not affected and my end of contract date remains unchanged.

I turned this down previously but I guess sooner or later everyone will be moved to "an upgraded / faster" service whether or not we require it.

Thanks in advance.  

0 Likes
18 REPLIES 18

Message 1 of 19

this is over now. 

We were talking openreach who you may or may not have experienced as a law unto themselves.   They did say I would be contacted before they started work.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 19

@davep wrote:

not over pleased with OR.  Didn't call to say they were starting, or finished, hence not knowing why everything was down

Surely you could have made a reasonable assumption as to why "everything was down". You knew your service was due to be upgraded on that date, so it shouldn't really have been a surprise to you that you were disconnected for a short time at some point on that date while the engineer switched over the wiring.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 19

not over pleased with OR.  Didn't call to say they were starting, or finished, hence not knowing why everything was down and essentially cut off as not prepared to use very expensive mobile time.  I'm not the only one who very rarely uses a mobile phone though every service who contacts people expects everyone to use one.  I have a landline which to me is far more convenient and the mobile only for emergencies.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 19

Hi

Glad all is still working.  With regard to the phone number, the circuit could have been 'crossed' whilst the line was at fault or being worked on.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 5 of 19

@Michelle-TalkTalk @Karl-TalkTalk 

I had another text from "openreach" asking me to confirm whether my service is working.  The number 447786202608 seems to be a scammer on searching.  

I'm not wasting my credit replying to this whether gen or not.  BTOR will not respond to outside queries so why should I reply to this dubious number.

Feel free to let them know that after 1 day al seems to still be working.

Any view on me getting someone else's number when I called "home" yesterday?

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 6 of 19

Good to see, you know where we are if needed!  🙂

0 Likes

Message 7 of 19

@Michelle-TalkTalk @Karl-TalkTalk @martswain @ferguson 

The upgrade was not without its problems.

No notification either before or after from BTOR.

All went dead at around 10.15.  I called my home line on my mobile and was connected to a wrong number when I was trying to check the incoming calls.  Not happy about that!!!!  Any idea why that would happen?   Have checked our line and number is (now) correct.

Went out to see if BTOR were at local cabinet - no-one there

Back home and phone seemed to be working and lights green on router

Speed test carried out

DownloadUpload

36170 KBits/s(4521.25 KBytes/s)
9398 KBits/s(1174.75 KBytes/s)

(up from 1.6, 0.8 so I guess successful)

Don't seem to have speaking clock call!!!

Fingers crossed hereon!

Will check filter if cut off happens in future and report back.

Thanks all for your input

Message 8 of 19

Hello,

Ok, please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 9 of 19

thanks, will see if it happens again then try replacement filter

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 10 of 19

@davep  if the internet drops when the phone is used a microfilter or filtered faceplate could be faulty.

Message 11 of 19

@ferguson wrote:

Why would you imagine they would call the speaking clock?  You've been around long enough to know it's a regular occurrence when BTOR do anything

Does your PAYG service charge exceptionally high amounts for an SMS message?   More than enough for my liking (or balance)

@Karl-TalkTalk   Any reason why internet would drop out when phone is being used?  Seems to have happened a few times recently

Also shows 30% drop in speed test

Download1743 KBits/s(217.875 KBytes/s)Upload839 KBits/s(104.875 KBytes/s)

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 12 of 19

Why would you imagine they would call the speaking clock? Does your PAYG service charge exceptionally high amounts for an SMS message? 

0 Likes

davep
Insightful One
Message 13 of 19

Have received 3 Text messages from Openreach saying they are updating me and to connect and turn on my router.

It is always "on".  They now want me to reply READY when I have done this.  I'm afraid I'm not using my credits on my PAYG phone, then probably having to chase up a refund after they call the Talking Clock .  If it doesn't happen so be it and I'll stick with my 2 mB  ADSL!

0 Likes

Message 14 of 19

Hi

Your complaint will be picked up by the complaints team and actioned. 

Post is a little slow here also, I've read in the news that some areas may see delays in post due to increased levels of postal staff isolating. 

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

davep
Insightful One
Message 15 of 19

Just received notification of the upgrade through the post - a week after the email / text notice.  That's how long post takes to travel 20 miles nowadays!

Out of interest, any idea whether I will get a call about my "complaint" or why I didn't get a call yesterday?

0 Likes

Message 16 of 19

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

davep
Insightful One
Message 17 of 19

@Karl-TalkTalk   Thanks for the reply.  More or less as expected so that's ok.  I went through this last year and ultimately cancelled but will cross everything and hope it goes through ok in January.

Best wishes for new year!

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 18 of 19

Hi

Your current products will remain unchanged however the upgrade will change your service from the older ADSL service to a fibre service.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes