FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free fibre upgrade - no progress

JP1905
Team Player
Message 10 of 10

I was given a free upgrade to fibre and the new router arrived on Tuesday. The instructions said that once the router was installed, the upgrade would be ordered and I could track the progress in my account. However, it's been over 24hrs and I can't see any progress or sign of an upgrade being ordered in my account. How long does it take for talktalk to recognise the new router and start the upgrade process?

Thanks

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi JP1905

I'm sorry for the delay. I have ordered the router again and you should receive this within the next 24-48hrs.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 2 of 10

The replacement router has not arrived yet and the go live date is next Tuesday (6th April). Can someone look into this for me?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

Hi 

It shouldn't take long for the new router to connect, so for now, leave your old router connected and I will request a replacement and a returns bag for the new one. 

Thanks

Message 4 of 10

The fibre upgrade is now in progress thanks to @Arne-TalkTalk however I still have an issue with the new router I was sent.

As I've mentioned before when I tried to use it it would take over 20 minutes to connect, or not even connect at all and just show a flashing amber light for hours. This doesn't strike me as normal, especially as my old router connected immediately when I plugged it back in. I wonder if I could get a replacement router before the go live date and a returns bag for the faulty one?

The new router is a Wi-fi Hub Black (Huawei)

Thank you

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

@Arne-TalkTalk 

Verification details sent.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 10

Hi @JP1905

I can help I first need to confirm some security questions. 

I have sent you a PM on the community. 

Regards

Message 7 of 10

I am wondering same.

cant track my order either and spent over an hour on chat while told me I couldn’t have a free upgrade even after I coppied and pasted email...

all I wanted to know was how to track order.  Totally useless and he refused to put me to manager or customer relations and told me to call a customer upgrades number (that’s for people wanting to take a paid upgrade not these free ones).

0 Likes

JP1905
Team Player
Message 8 of 10

Still no sign of the upgrade in progress. Also the new router takes over 20minutes to connect to the internet and has dropped my speed from 6mb to 4mb. Not happy at all.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 9 of 10

I have asked one of TalkTalk's OCEs to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. Please try to avoid posting on here until TalkTalk have responded to you, otherwise, this will just put you further down the queue.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes