FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frequent DNS server issues (no internet)

jones1328
Chatterbox
Message 8 of 8

Hi,

I renewed with talktalk about 4 weeks ago (having been a customer for the previous few years) and during the last 4 weeks I've been experiencing daily DNS issues.

I have the latest TalkTalk wi-fi hub and although the solid white light stays on, I'm getting a 'DNS Server' error message at least 1-2 times a day when trying to browse websites.

The only fix for this seems to be to turn the router on/off.

I've been sent a new wi-fi hub to see if this would fix the issue but I'm still getting the same error message with the newly installed wi-fi hub.

I'm thinking it could be an issue with the model of router?

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi jones1328

The Huawei WIFI Hub is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie 🙂

Message 2 of 8
Hi OCE_Debbie

Yes, that would be great thanks!

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 8

Hi jones1328

Would you like me to send the Huawei WIFI Hub for testing?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

Any assistance from talktalk on this issue would be greatly appreciated!

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

hi when we get this my wife re sets the router and she can work for a hour then it starts again, ive updated windows my pc and up dated drivers, had bt out to check cables they did no faults, must be the exchange or talktalks fault, we pay £39 or there abouts for a crap system been with these now too long 16+ years and next letter is to ofcom who i do work for part time.

we are not paying for a service we dont get bt as said they will pay for the move to them.the phone exchange is only 80 yards from us, pointless talking on chat as its all done on crib sheets press f4 for thank you for been with talktalk.

Mike
0 Likes

Message 6 of 8
Thankfully resetting our router seems to solve the DNS (no internet) issue but it's just an annoyance.

I work from home too so I need to rely on a stable internet connection.

0 Likes

M0FCG
Chat Champion
Message 7 of 8

Hi, we get this every day the internet will turn off mainly at night at about 1 am and re boots its self, weve have 3 seperate sagecom routers, it comes up with dns error getting fed up now as my wife needs the internet to work from home.

yestoday the internet was off from 1pm to 2am 

Mike
0 Likes