FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frequent disconnects, slow download speed, upload speed a whopping 0.3mbps.

scottieb
Popular Poster
Message 7 of 7

Hi, i'm wondering if any of you kind folk can help me. 

Ive been struggling over the last few days with random disconnects, some reconnect in a minute or 2, others taking 20ish minutes to re-connect. Since this has been happening, my speeds have reduced dramatically. I was able to achieve 35/36mbps down, and around 5 up, which isn't too bad, and more than my guaranteed 25mbps. Today i'm having download speed of around 10, and upload speed of 0.2! Thats when it can actually complete a speedtest.

I've spoken to livechat, who have asked me to do the troubleshooting, which i have done, numerous times. Spent several hours on live chat hoping to resolve it. I was then told "there is nothing else I can do" as the speed to the router looks ok and stable, but the agent couldn't grasp that my speeds are very slow on all my devices, and upload so poor I can't carry out many basic tasks. Shocking service I must say. I asked if there was an email if I can use to speak to someone in technical to which i was told to search for it, amazing.

There have been no changes in my house, we only use the main master socket, which is pre filtered, no extensions, and have tried the test socket also and this makes no difference. Just had another disconnect as i'm writing this but apparently its a stable connection.

Can anyone please help as to what the issue may be? I figured this may be a faster way to get a response rather than jump through all the hoops on live chat and be told there is nothing else I can do.

Thanks,

Scott 

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi Scott

Openreach have now advised that an engineer is scheduled to go out on 01 Apr-22 to investigate this fault (external line engineer)

We will continue to monitor for further updates.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 2 of 7

Hi Scott

This fault has been assigned to a line engineer and we should receive further updates within the next 48hrs.

Thanks

Debbie

scottieb
Popular Poster
Message 3 of 7

Hi Karl, router arrived today, and still have the same issues. I only had one device connected and still had slow, unreliable speeds. I have run a line test from my account and its says there maybe a problem and an Openreach engineer will fix in 2-3 days, is this right?

I have a a screenshot of the DSL information shows the massive difference between maximum available and what i'm actually getting, both downstream and upstream. Why would this differ so much?

What would you like me to do with the router sent out to me?

Thanks

Scott

Screenshot 2022-03-30 at 16.45.48.psd
0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

Hi

It's one last thing to rule out.

a Router is on the way to you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

scottieb
Popular Poster
Message 5 of 7

Hi Karl, 

No I haven't tried another router, I dont have one available to test. If you could send me one to test that would be great.

Is it likely this could be the culprit as to why my devices aren't receiving the speeds the router is?

Thanks

Scott

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 6 of 7

Hi Scott

Line is in sync at 31mb but I do see drops on the connection.  Also, looking at the router, it is showing a high number of wifi errors on the transmit side.

Have you tested another router to rule out hardware failure ?  We can provide one if required.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes