FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frequent internet disconnection only lasting a few seconds every late evening.

Salubrius
Participant
Message 8 of 8

I'm a gamer and therefore stable internet is very important to me. I have tried everything and done all troubleshooting I can my end. I originally thought the router was disconnecting to switch channels, however once the channel switching was fixed and it's now on what are very clear channels the disconnecting still persists. It is both the 2.4 GHz and the 5 GHz as both tablet and phone disconnect at the same time. When I go to my Talk Talk WiFi Hub Connection up-time, the "Connected since" is never over 24 hours (currently 35 minutes and it disconnected twice within half an hour). The tests online show nothing wrong, but of course they wouldn't because I'm back online when I run them. The current speed is perfect. I can't find any trace of interference that could cause this, which I have looked very hard for due to it seeming to be only evenings and night time.

Any ideas other than spending an hour or so with support running through all the tests I've already done my end?

Sal Salubrius, Gamer Girl
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 8

Hello,

I'm glad to hear this and thanks for keeping us updated 🙂

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

Hi, I just checked as it's been a while and the connection hasn't dropped for 17 days! Thank you so much! The back camera that used to drop out frequently at night hasn't dropped out either! There must of been a problem with the other router. Thank you so much!

Message 3 of 8

Hi

Glad the initial connection appears more stable.  If you check the model of the router from the sticker on the back, the 2 routers look identical from the outside but should be different models altogether.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

Hi Debbie,

The router arrived, it's identical to my other one however is providing very useful for isolating the problem. I connected the bare minimum and waited 2 days, the connection didn't drop once! So now I'm gradually adding 1 thing a day and waiting overnight to see if it drops. I'm wondering if it may be the nest security cameras as it's always dark when it drops, maybe some sort of uploading overload? At least I am confident it's not the line now, it must be something here.

Thank you for your help!

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

Hi Salubrius

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 6 of 8

Hi Debbie, 

Yes I think that could help isolate the problem. It was fine again all day then around half past nine tonight it did it again. I've checked connections and for interference and there's just nothing different at all from when it was working perfectly all afternoon, I was even in the same game (in a raid with 24 other people when it disconnected, very annoying for all).

I don't know if there's a record ISP end of the connection drop outs? It may be cutting out more often without my knowledge... As I can't find a cause maybe there is a pattern I'm not seeing that you might?

Anyway, I'd be more than happy to try a different router and see if that solves the problem or at least helps isolate it.

Thank you 🙂

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 7 of 8

Hi Salubrius

I'm sorry to hear this.

Would you like me to send you a different make and model of router for testing to see how the connection compares?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes