NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fritzbox/supervectoring

Gareth1986
Conversation Starter
Message 1 of 11

Quick question, I'm thinking of buying a fritzbox router that has "supervectoring" what is supervectoring and does talktalk support it? Fritzbox 7530...

Gareth wigglesworth
0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Gondola
Community Star
Message 2 of 11

Hi Gareth

Openreach does not use supervectoring.

For the higher speeds that VDSL supervectoring would offer Openreach chose instead to deploy G.Fast with its own integral vectoring.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Give Likes below to appreciate my help . . . and to help others Best Answer

0 Likes

Gareth1986
Conversation Starter
Message 3 of 11

Any tips on a good modem/router combo? 

Gareth wigglesworth
0 Likes

Message 4 of 11

Hi Gareth

TalkTalk supply routers that have integral modems. For G.Fast connections a modem is supplied by Openreach and the TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub is connected to the modem via a WAN port.

0 Likes

Gareth1986
Conversation Starter
Message 5 of 11

I have a couple of different modem/routers for gaming specifically. In short I'm in search of the best possible connection. The best connection so far as been draytek 130 modem in the 5364's wan. Zero errors, stable line with good snr. Talktalks has errors and my upstream and is -15. 

Gareth wigglesworth
0 Likes

Gareth1986
Conversation Starter
Message 6 of 11

So no point getting the fritzbox?

Gareth wigglesworth
0 Likes

Message 7 of 11

Hi Gareth

The Draytek modem is a good performer, Openreach approved and Draytek offer great support.

There's no point in considering the Fritzbox for supervectoring and VDSL speeds of 300Mbps that aren't supported by Openreach.

Gareth1986
Conversation Starter
Message 8 of 11

I was looking at billion routers but even the newest versions look from the year 2000 

Gareth wigglesworth
0 Likes

Message 9 of 11

Given your earlier comments regarding your 130/5364 combo I'm not sure why you want to change.  However given you do it might be worth look at routers targeted at specifically at gamers by manufacturers such as ASUS, TP-LINK, and Netgear and/or doing a search for "best gaming routers" .

I use, and am very satisfied with, a Draytek 2762 but that is because of the facilities it offers rather than for gaming purposes.

Message 10 of 11

I have an archer vr 600. Its ok. It keeps switching to bt vdsl tho from tallktalk vdsl everytime you change a setting.

Gareth wigglesworth
0 Likes

Message 11 of 11

Hi, what do you mean when you say it switches to by vdsl when you change a setting?

0 Likes