FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

From 18th July 2021, your monthly price will go up by £2.50 for your Fibre 65 Plan. We’ve also made

blakey63
Popular Poster
Message 12 of 12

I have just had a mail saying my monthly

price will rise by £2,50,I am on fibre 65, I took the contract out in 14/11/2020. i am on a Fixed Price Plus' tariff, so if you put your prices up you our in breech of contract,
This is on the martin lewis web site:Many broadband customers will be hit by price hikes of £2 a month (£24 a year). This will affect all broadband customers except the following who won't face any rise: 

- Customers who took out a Fibre 35 or Fibre 65 tariff between 10 November 2020 and 1 March 2021.
- Customers on TalkTalk's 'Fixed Price Plus' tariff.

11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12
0 Likes

Bazzatay
Whizz Kid
Message 2 of 12

Well I'm eating my words about leaving just got off the phone with retentions with a great deal on fixed price plus and a upgrade to fiber 65.

Regards

Message 3 of 12

Haggle with them you speak to some one in india i quoted as saying my contract was a fixed contract quoted what martin lewis said put threw to another person got a new 18 month contract and paying £2 a month less, result. 

Message 4 of 12

So you our saying if i dont like it then leave,Your customer service skills suck, think you need to go on a course how to conduct your self to customers!!!

0 Likes

Tidybitz
First Timer
Message 5 of 12

Hi ... I had the same email today too. I am absolutely peed off with them over this. Been with TT since they took over my AOL account years ago and have had very few problems. 

Early this year they emailed me to say they were going to try and upgrade me to Fibre35 "at No Extra Charge". A month or so later they emailed to say I had been succesfully upgraded and there would be "No extra charge" ... and now this and my contract doesn't run out until November. 

I contacted them yesterday via my account messenger and they quoted terms and conditions in my contract or something. They don't seem to give a damn about customers nowadays, I used to get a decent service from them before. 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 12

@blakey1963 wrote:

Just been on the phone, Was paying £26.00 a month 2 year contract, fibre 65, now have a new contract fixed price plus tariff £23.95 18 month contract,Fibre 65, Result!!!

I'm leaving No trust anymore, I don't care if I pay more

0 Likes

blakey1963
Team Player
Message 7 of 12

Just been on the phone, Was paying £26.00 a month 2 year contract, fibre 65, now have a new contract fixed price plus tariff £23.95 18 month contract,Fibre 65, Result!!!

0 Likes

Message 8 of 12

Hi, What was the telephone number you phoned please.I took out fibre 65 in nov 20, was on a no price hike during the contract, you go on martin lewis web site says the same thing, Thanks.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 12

My contract says i will not have any price increases during my contract, I took out fibre 65 .You go on martin lewis web site says the same thing, you our breaking the contract.

0 Likes

Geoff 45
First Timer
Message 10 of 12

Just spent an hour pointing out I'm on guaranteed price for duration of my contract and finished up being offered new contract with discount meaning I'll pay £1.00  less than before. 

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 11 of 12

Hi

customers who signed up for fibre 35 or 65 before 1st March 2021 will be subject to the price increase of £2.50

You have until 18th July to cancel without penalty if you decide to.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes