FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Future Fibre Upgrade Questions

BritSparky
Conversation Starter
Message 52 of 52

Hi,

I have Openreach booked to come out on 27th Jan to upgrade my service to 150 FTTP and have questions.

Firstly, am I able to use my current Sagem router ( supplied by TT ) with the new service if I use the red WAN port on the rear of the router to connect to the BT supplied box via a CAT6 cable instead of the EERO6 box? The reason being I have separate SSID's for 2.4 & 5Ghz WiFi and would rather keep it that way as I understand this isn't possible with the EERO6.

Secondly, my Sagem box is still on the old 2816 firmware, could one of the OCE's kindly push the newer firmware onto it please.

Lastly I still haven't received my welcome pack, when is it usually sent out? ( I've checked spam folder ) the order was placed last Friday.

Many thanks

0 Likes
51 REPLIES 51

Message 1 of 52

Thanks Michelle, I've done so. I've checked my account for the address relevant to this thread and can confirm the correct discount has been applied for the length of my contract. For those asking about a dedicated FTTP account page I've not seen one, but my regular account page works fine displaying all the correct details re service / tariff etc. The only change I've noticed is the phone number has changed to an FTTP reference. Thanks again for all your help with this one, I'll now consider this thread closed.

Message 2 of 52

Morning,

Thanks for the update. I'd recommend creating a different topic to avoid confusion and we'd be happy to take a look at this for you.

Thanks

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 3 of 52

Perhaps start a new thread for the other property, @BritSparky, in case there are yet more issues to follow up,  and to avoid confusion?

You can add the details of the second property address in your Private Notes, for staff to read.

Go via your avatar/name; settings; from the drop down menu that starts with "email", choose Personal Information. 

Private Notes is at the end of that section. 

SAVE CHANGES 

Staff will be back on here from Monday. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 4 of 52

I'm pleased to report that my future fibre upgrade was finally completed on 3rd March. The Engineer, an Openreach contractor, was very efficient and the work took about an hour. Thank you to the TT Staff on here for escalating the issue. 

Unfortunately I am now experiencing an identical issue with an upgrade at another property I own, can an OCE please PM me for account details so that the problem can be sorted?

Message 5 of 52

Hello,

I'm really sorry about this. I've raised a complaint now and also escalated this straight to our CEO Team. They have advised that they will make contact as soon as possible.

Thanks

Message 6 of 52

UPDATE: I've just this minute received a text message promising further updates and have been given a CMP number.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 52

Hi Michelle,

No, I've had no contact whatsoever. All I want now is for the order to be completely deleted from my account as it's obvious you can't provide FF 150 to my address, despite Openreach clearly stating it's available. More of a concern to me is that my bill is due to be generated tomorrow (15 Feb) and the system I can see clearly states I'm on the FF150 tariff, which means that TT will try and charge me 39.95 this month for a service I am clearly not getting, nor have ever had.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 52

Morning,

Just before we contact the team again, can I just confirm if you've been contacted since your last post please?

Thanks

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 9 of 52

Staff will not be back on here before Monday now, @BritSparky.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 10 of 52

Hi Chris,

Unfortunately not. I would prefer contact via email at this stage because I then have an audit trail of all communications with regard to this issue. However, I can confirm that no one has been in contact. It is worth noting that my home phone is not connected to a handset or used in any way apart from the broadband connection. If I really must be contacted by telephone please use my mobile number you have on file, however please note that my mobile is in almost constant use with important work related calls for the majority of the day.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 52

Hi BritSparky,

Has anyone been in touch to discuss this with you, since your last post?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 12 of 52

Hi Chris, sorry but that's pointless. There's nothing they can do as according to a Manager from their department "my order was never placed on their Salesforce System by the upgrades team" and "Future Fibre is showing as unavailable at my address." My case needs escalating to the CEO's office. I have confirmation from a neighbour who actually works for Openreach that future fibre *is* available at my address so I can only presume talktalk don't want to honour the original offer of FF150 at £24 per month. As I've said previously, if they are unwilling to provide the service then someone needs to physically cancel the pending order on my account. I'll be keeping a close eye on this month's bill to ensure that I am not overcharged for a service I am not getting as your upgrades team are insisting my service is live and there's nothing they can do.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 52

Hi BritSparky,

I'm really sorry about this. I've passed this back to our Future Fibre team to see if there's anything further they can do, I'll let you know when I receive an update

CHris

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 14 of 52

@BritSparky Despite your obvious and understandable frustration I would caution about lodging a formal complaint just yet as that will effectively take you back to square one and the support team here will have to step back. Give them a couple more days to see if they can untangle this mess. If not, then by all means go down the complaint route. 

0 Likes

BritSparky
Conversation Starter
Message 15 of 52

Thanks for that, I know what you mean about CISAS, I should have said them rather than ofcom. I don't seem to be able to find the CEO 's email on the site you referenced. Presumably complaints can be emailed to concerns (at) talktalkplc (dot) com No live chat agent from any department would agree to lodge a complaint despite their website clearly stating they would. The process is very difficult, I have to say, although the OCEs here seem helpful.

nic1987
Whizz Kid
Message 16 of 52

Ofcom don't help consumers directly, they collect reports of complaints and bad experiences - report on them to the public and investigate if there are too many of one type to a particular organisation. They will still accept your complaint, just not help you directly. It is always worth reporting serious concerns to Ofcom.

What you are referring to is CISAS, an independent adjudicator, who needs a deadlock letter from Talktalk before they can help you (like ombudsman services)

I'm not sure if the team here can lodge complaints for you, but Imo it's best to have control of the process yourself anyway. Use one of the three processes I outlined before. The chief executives office is reached by emailing (which is listed on the site I gave before). I've emailed the ceos office for very serious concerns or where I am getting nowhere, no matter how much time and energy I devote to it. They are very good, but I get the feeling that they are extremely busy managing complaints. What they can offer is a dedicated person looking into what's going on and possibly discussion about compensation. But like I said don't expect too much - other organisations can be generous with compensation to reflects poor experiences of services, but I found that ceos team are very busy and have strict limits on what they offer, even if the experience is horrendous. Talktalk manages a lot of complaints according to the ofcom report. So just a note to - manage your expectations a tad

If you aren't happy with the outcome they will provide a deadlock letter

I am a customer just like you. I'll try to help based on my experiences over the years getting issues sorted out in my TalkTalk services!

Message 17 of 52

Thanks Michelle, I also need a complaint reference in case I need to take it as far as OFCOM please( which at this stage is highly likely ) Contact via my email address you have on file would be preferable, if possible, please, as my mobile is in almost constant use ( my landline is not connected to a handset ) Thanks again.

0 Likes

Message 18 of 52

Hi,

I'm really sorry to hear this. We've re-escalated this now and will post back as soon as we receive an update. They may also try and contact you directly.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 19 of 52

Update: Someone from your sales team confirmed that Full Fibre is indeed not available at my address, currently. All I can presume is that all the available connection spaces on the pole two doors up are occupied. Could an  OCE please raise the way I've been messed about as a complaint to the CEO's office, and try to find out when I can expect to get FF service. I also need to ensure that the pending order on my account is fully cancelled and my tariff returned to 65 fttc as before. I've tried raising a complaint via live chat and absolutely no one will do so. I am not prepared to sit on the phone for hours waiting to be told I'm being transferred from pillar to post just in the hope I hang up.

Thanks

Message 20 of 52

*SIGH* I absolutely give up. I've just had a phonecall from a Manager of the better value team who is now saying Future Fibre 150 is not available at my address. This despite the fact that the public availability checker used by talk talk confirms that it is. Also two of my near neighbours have had it installed in the last week.

I've also been told by the Future Fibre team that the reason my order is not being processed is that it has "Not been put on their Salesforce system" so it can't be dealt with by them. I've told the manager if they are unable to provide the service as he says, then my future fibre pending order must be cancelled immediately.

Could one of the kind OCE's please check my account to verify its cancelled, or indeed cancel my order if able. Or possibly re escalate my case and tell them that the order is not on the Future Fibre Salesforce system, and could they please transfer it over manually if they can confirm on whatever system they use that the service is indeed available.

Sorry for the long post, but I am at my wit's end with all this. Thanks