FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Future Fibre connection died yesterday but my account now shows two connections???

Atomic4l
Team Player
Message 27 of 27

Hi,

I wonder if anyone from TalkTalk can help, My future fibre connection went down yesterday and managed to call support today, not the best experience again..

I explained that I have checked all connections, disconnected ethernet, Fibre patch and reconnected, also powered off the ONT over night and still nothing.  Only lights on the ONT are Power and Ethernet.

The support lady said that she will test my line, after a while came back passed all checks. Something cant be right.

As I was looking on my account I noticed I have two connections showing on my profile.. Never noticed this before and now I am wondering if the TalkTalk fairies have ballsed up something again. So asked this question, She left me on hold for a while and then explained she would have to contact City Fibre Or would I be able to call them.. I explained that I am TalkTalks customer and City Fibre would just pass me back to TalkTalk. So she called them.. On hold again for 30 minutes.

Finally she came back, She had no explanation of the two connections on my account but said they have seen a fault on the line and would have to book an engineer appointment, When would I be available. Explained the only days are Thursday, Friday or Saturday this week. AM Appointment.

I then got told to call back on Friday for an update. (Arggghhhh) I asked for her to email me the ticket details, she was unable to email them to me as she cant email externally.... (Double Argggghhh)

What is the SLA for Future Fibre?

As I have said previously in an old thread, I work in the industry and the support I got again was shocking.

Can someone from TalkTalk please check to see when both accounts were added? If one was recently then this is a mistake on your end and needs rectifying.

Sorry for the long post 😞

Here to help, Eager to learn.
0 Likes
26 REPLIES 26

Message 1 of 27

Hi,

Ok, if the complaint is with our CEO complaints team and they have already made initial contact then they should hopefully get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks

0 Likes

Atomic4l
Team Player
Message 2 of 27

Hi Michelle,

No nothing, Emailed them on Friday when I updated this post and nothing as of yet.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 27

Hello,

Thanks for the update and I'm sorry to hear this. Have the CEO complaints team arranged to contact you again today?

Thanks

0 Likes

Atomic4l
Team Player
Message 4 of 27

Raised a complaint via the CEO and got a call back the next day.. Explained everything and then got told they will look in to this.

Well had 2 engineers last night from Rapid Response.

Confirmed no light at the house end. went to the cabinet on the road and its just a junction box. So went to the correct cab........

But didn't have the keys to get in the cabinet.... So said it would have to be tomorrow....

Now is tomorrow evening and nothing all day or any word from future fibre team.  So guess its nothing until next Monday at the earliest 😞

0 Likes

Message 5 of 27

Sorry about this. I've passed this to our Future Fibre team so hopefully someone will be in touch soon

Chris

0 Likes

Atomic4l
Team Player
Message 6 of 27

Still no Lighty. No Likey... 😞

0 Likes

Message 7 of 27

OK thanks. I'll pass this on to our Future Fibre team, I'll let you know when I receive an update or they may contact you directly

Chris

0 Likes

Message 8 of 27

Still the same.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 27

Hi Atomic4l,

Could you just confirm that the lights haven't changed on the ONT and I'll pass this back to our Future Fibre team

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Atomic4l
Team Player
Message 10 of 27

Hi Chris,

I have had no call other than Kelly Communication yesterday arranging the visit.

Nothing since the engineers went this morning.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 27

Hi Atomic4l,

Thanks for the update, did our Future Fibre arrange a follow up call to confirm that the issue had been resolved

Chris

0 Likes

Atomic4l
Team Player
Message 12 of 27

Had 3 engineers from Kelly Communication around this morning on behalf of City Fibre. Explained the issues and no Internet or Service lights on the ONT, had issues with someone else's connection being put on my account and knocked my connection off last month. Was a re-termination at the splitter node to resolve it.

Engineer 1 "Oh its the drop cable, had multiple issues and bad batches of these cables. And that wall box is too small, kinks the cable inside"  So started to test at the box on my property. "yep no light, its the drop cable"

I said "I bet you don't have any light at the telegraph pole too"

"Nah, its deffo the drop cable"

Ok so left him to it, saw them about 30 mins in going up and down the telegraph pole. So went out to hear him say to one of his colleagues "There's no light to the Pole"  (Could bang my head against the wall 🙂 )

Left them to it... again.

So then they gathered all their tools, put the box back on the wall and drove off.  without saying anything... This was 10:50 this morning and still nothing...

TalkTalk, Any notes on your end to what's happening?

0 Likes

Message 13 of 27

OK thanks. I've raised this to our Future Fibre team, I'll let you know when I receive an update or they may contact you directly 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 14 of 27

Power and Ethernet.

Broadband and Service are off.

ONT has been off for 24 hours over the weekend and still the same.

Kind Regards

Gareth

0 Likes

Message 15 of 27

Thanks. Could you just tell me which lights are on on the ONT

Chris

0 Likes

Message 16 of 27

Hi Chris,

Yes it is, Spoke with support on Friday and the original ticket was closed by City Fibre as your service desk didnt put in enough information.

Kind Regards

Gareth

0 Likes

Message 17 of 27

Hi Atomic4l,

Apologies for the delay, is you connection still down?

Chris

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 18 of 27

@Atomic4l, forum staff won't be back until after the weekend. 

Usual customer services should be available:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Ways-of-contacting-us/ta-p/2230529

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Atomic4l
Team Player
Message 19 of 27

Hi Michelle,

Still no contact from your team and now the connection has gone down again...

Still showing two connections on my account too even though 3 calls to customer services said they would remove this and I will be notified.. Still nothing...

Getting really miffed with CS BS 😞

0 Likes

Message 20 of 27

Hello,

Thanks for the update. I'm still waiting to hear back from the team.

Thanks

0 Likes