FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Future Fibre connection keeps dropping

KrystalineD
Community Star
Message 5 of 5

Since our Future Fibre connection went live a little over a week ago, we've just started to get network drop outs at various random times. 

The first 5 days were perfect and our connection quickly stabilised at around 480-490Mb with no glitches or drop outs. 

When the connection drops out, our WiFi and wired devices are all working perfectly, they just lose the ability to access anything online. 

The router shows a perfect home network and that it is connected to the internet, but there's still no internet access available on any of our devices. 

Sometimes restarting the router has fixed the issue, twice I've reconfigured the DNS servers to use something other than the auto-assigned TalkTalk ones and that fixed it. 

There just doesn't seem to be any guaranteed solution that i can find. 

Being connected with no internet access 2 or 3 times each day is very inconvenient and as i don't yet have access to the FutureFibre MyAccount, I'm pretty stuck about getting support. 

Any ideas? 

I don't work for TalkTalk, I'm just a customer.

Update your community profile with your account & contact info so TT team members can help you.
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi @KrystalineD 

Sorry for the delay In relation to the dropping connection, Can you confirm what router you have at the moment?

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

When accessing my previous TalkTalk account online, it's now showing an FTTP number, so I've added the new information to my "personal notes" in my community profile

Update your community profile with your account & contact info so TT team members can help you.
0 Likes

Message 3 of 5

Since signing up and switching over to FTTP from our previous faster fibre FTTC package, I've not received any information containing my new account number or anything else regarding my FTTP account. 

Hence my current problem of not being able to progress with support or create the new MyAccount

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 4 of 5

Hi KrystalineD

Do you know your FTTP number or account number.

If you can add these to your profile so I can pass these to our future fibre team.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes