FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Future Fibre experience

lukskw
First Timer
Message 5 of 5

Hi 

Just to let everyone know my experience with talk talk ( on cityfibre - as i can only assume it is different department to open reach one)

Buy only over phone - lengthy but smooth enough - 4 stars

Hardware delivery - thru Yodel  - 0 Stars - as always late  and missed engineer visit  - defo for future will avoid dealing with any company that partner with Yodel.

Engineer visit and ONT installation - 5 Stars - done everything smoothly and quickly approx. 66 minutes.

Contacted TT customer service - first on chat - that is not correct ( looks like they will only support Openreach department ) but they give me correct phone to Future Fibre (CF) customer service.

Future Fibre (CF) customer service phone call 1 - 0 starts - tired to get some information regarding connecting our router - failed... person didn't know difference between WAN and WIFI - told me that I shouldn't  use own router, etc... just off some poor script.

Yodel delivery 4 days later than it should be... router left on wet pavement driver run away with out even trying to knock doors...

Own Router connected - Internet not working.

TT Router connected - internet not working VLAN 36 error. 

Phone call number 2 to customer service - Saturday - give up after no answered 40 minutes. 0 stars

Phone call number 3 to customer service - Sunday morning  - call answered after 33 minutes wait.

Quick check and looks like CF didn't finish sending documentation and they don't working on Sundays... need call again on Monday.

Sagemcom FAST 5364 - poor router - defiantly will send it back once I get Unifi working.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi

I'm really sorry to hear this, and sorry you had to cancel.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

lukskw
First Timer
Message 2 of 5

Just to update everyone 

On 26/10 engineer didn't come and internet wasn't working at all.  Next day phone call to customer service and cancelled contract.

Never ever will deal with Talk Talk again. Over 6h on phone to get it working but CS wasn't really bother.

0 Likes

lukskw
First Timer
Message 3 of 5

thanks Sahid76

Update

Phone call on Sunday to customer service - CF didn't send some form and office is closed so they cannot progress. Needed phone again on Monday.

Monday phone call... apart from missing form there is some problem and engineer need come back... first available date 26/10...  

Not good start... think will call them tomorrow again and cancel contract 

0 Likes

shahid76
Whizz Kid
Message 4 of 5

For using your own router on Cityfibre based FTTP, you will need to setup a VLAN with a value of 911. Let us know if that works.

TalkTalk Business FTTP 900/115
Netgear RAX200
0 Likes