FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Future fibre installation

Davidzoina
Popular Poster
Message 7 of 7

Hello, we’re thinking of going to future fibre. I’ve had two online chats trying to find out more and spent over an hour and a half chatting but both chats dropped out with no one trying to re-establish communication with me. I wish I could Talktalk to someone who actually knows what they are talktalking about.

we are currently on faster fibre (equivalent to fibre 35). Our router is old and firstly I was offered a new one worth £120 for £4.95 delivery only. Then I was told about future fibre 150 and told I’d get an Eero. I was already getting confused information.
 I was also told that our phone would no longer work(no problem as we don’t use it) but also that our Talktalk tv box would no longer work. I explained that we only use the box to watch, pause, rewind and record standard freeview channels(we have no boost subscriptions). I couldn’t get a straight answer and was offered a Now TV subscription.  I understand that on future fibre we wouldn’t be able to get any TV boosts or use the streaming features that connect to BBC iPlayer etc, but we can use our Smart TV for that. I’ve unplugged the tv box from the Ethernet and guess what, it stills records, rewinds, pauses and the guide still comes up. I’m not surprised as it’s basically a hard drive. So why can’t they tell you this. 
The next issue is the cable routing. I was trying to find out how the fibre would be routed into our home. Copper Telephone currently comes from a pole in the street into the loft and then runs in cat6 to the other side of the loft down through boxing and flooring into a cupboard on the ground floor where the current router is. I don’t want cables run on the outside of the house or stapled down inside walls around door frames etc as often happens. So my question is, how would the fibre be routed with in the house? Could the Fibre connection box be situated in the loft (there is a mains socket there) and then use the existing run of cat6 copper as an Ethernet lead to connect to the Eero where the router currently is? I don’t want to order future fibre and then have an engineer turn up and say! “ sorry I can’t do that” .

Any help and advice would be appreciated 

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

thanks Karl

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Hi

You can contact the Future Fibre sales Teams on 08000491420

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Davidzoina
Popular Poster
Message 4 of 7

Hi Karl, Thanks for your reply which makes sense at last. if only you had been on the other end of the online chat i would have saved a lot of time and frustration. can you let me know how best to discuss this with the Future Fibre team please.

Thanks

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 7

Hi

With Future Fibre, you do get an Eero instead of the router.  The TV box will work with any internet connection, including Future Fibre. It will still receive freeview, record / rewind, access apps such as Iplayer, ITV player etc. The only thing that will not work is access to TV Boosts, but these are being phased out anyway.  The Now TV app will work fine.

When the fibre is installed, a small box is positioned on the outside of the house with a small cable into the house to the ONT.  You then connect the router or Eero to the ONT.

The engineer may be able to install this in the loft so your existing cat 6 cable can connect to this, but this is something that would need to be discussed with our Future Fibre team and the engineer.  The main consideration is that the engineer can easily access any locations easily and safely.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Davidzoina
Popular Poster
Message 6 of 7

By the way I’ve read all the articles on how it is installed but it doesn’t answer my questions

0 Likes