FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G fast with HUAWEI ax3 mesh

Kieronishere
Chatterbox
Message 13 of 13

Hi

i have ordered  the 150 gfast package but want to use my existing wifi 6 HUAWEI ax3 mesh routers. Does anyone know if I should connect the primary ax3 router into the open reach modem or the Talktalk Wi-Fi hub. My concern with the latter option is that the ax3 mesh doesn’t work in access point mode, only in router mode and as the Wi-Fi hub can’t be put into modem mode from what I’ve read then I will have double Nat problems. Any help greatly appreciated as to whether I will be able to ditch the Wi-Fi hub and if so what settings I need to put in to the ax3?

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

Hello,

Ok, please let us know if you need any assistance.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 13
Will do. It was all sorted fine after a couple of days but I’m now going the ASU’s rt ax92u route as didn’t get the ax3 working and think ASU’s router will be a lot better.
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 13

Hi Kieronishere,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 13

Thanks. Unfortunately things have not gone well. Open reach installed modem and TT Wi-Fi hub and all worked fine, solid 160mbps according to engineer. However that was yesterday morning but since last night internet has been painfully slow and TT live chat says stuck in their system as my line hasn’t been released back from old provider Vodafone which apparently is TT fault.  Got to now wait 72 hrs for escalation. Why oh why did I go back to TT! once it’s working then I’ll do the mesh thing

0 Likes

nexxusone
Whizz Kid
Message 5 of 13

i have G.fast using TT modem straight into my NETGEAR ORBI router with a satellite unit... auto configures and i can add in extra satellite(s) via a app on phone if required. remove the sagem com fast 5364 as its not required and has a dns issue on the current firmware 

Message 6 of 13

Thanks, I think I’m following - that the problem was with the modem part of those third party routers so I should be fine with open reach supplied g fast modem straight to ax3 in full router mode. Thanks again

0 Likes

Message 7 of 13

If you use the supplied modem, you will not have the problem. As I said before that was with some 3rd party routers not configured correctly or not compatible with the TalkTalk network. That problem is not for TalkTalk to fix.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 13

Thanks for the replies. Is there a solution to that then or do I just have to wait and see when the service goes live (7th April) whether my HUAWEI ax3 causes that problem or not? I have two meshed currently but want to buy another one so that I get seemless Wi-Fi through the house when TT goes live but don’t want to have wasted my money. 

0 Likes

Message 9 of 13

What you are referring to is 3rd party routers that are not configured correctly to work with the TalkTalk network. The 15 minutes timeout is the DHCP server on the network does not renew the 15 minute DHCP lease. The reason for this is that it is down to the DHCP client (the 3rd party router) not requesting an automatic extension to the lease. Thus the 3rd party router is at fault.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

Message 10 of 13

TT do not prioritise service to their own equipment or penalise you for using your own third party devices.

I have never seen any topics suggesting there are timeouts at all, I think you are mistaken. 

0 Likes

Message 11 of 13
Great thanks for the reply. Will TalkTalk play happily in that scenario, I thought I’d seen other threads where people were having problems with 15 minute timeouts and the like if not using the TalkTalk router
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 12 of 13

The modem must be connected to the broadband & then connect your mesh to that I would think. In this situation, the TT router is not normally required.

Keith