FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming

Ash89
Popular Poster
Message 8 of 8

I recently bought an old openreach modem as I was having issues of stutter and lag on my connection while playing fifa. This has definitely made a huge improvement. I don’t know why all I know is it was a really cheap solution at £13. It’s the eci openreach model. 

I have lost about 10mb in download speed but the connection is much smoother for everything and especially fifa. It would appear the modem in talktalk routers is inferior. I now use the super router as just a router so obviously the router side is fine it’s the modem in it that’s poor? 

I know there’s multiple openreach modems and I might even try the other model to see if I get that maximum speed back but it’s far more important to have a smooth connection than speed I can’t use so there’s no rush. 

I thought I’d pass the information on as it was really frustrating. I may even ditch the talktalk super router altogether and get another router. 

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi Ash89

Thanks for keeping us updated 🙂

If you do experience any further issues then please let us know.

Debbie

0 Likes

Ash89
Popular Poster
Message 2 of 8

Hi, It’s all fixed now! Initially he couldn’t find a fault but then found one of the connections outside was corroded. Everything is working perfectly now no lag on games and the internet on all devices is just generally smoother and more responsive. I’m still using the openreach modem as I see no reason to mess with it as I’m getting full speeds and have my own router anyway 🙂

I didn’t think the engineer would find anything but it just shows a small fault can have a huge impact even if you’re getting full download speeds and the line stats are good it can totally mess up the fluency and how smooth things run.

Message 3 of 8

Hi Ash89

Sorry for the delay.

I can see that this fault has been passed to Openreach to be investigated by a line engineer.

We should receive further updates within the next 24hrs.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Ash89
Popular Poster
Message 4 of 8

Hi, Thanks for sending it out so quickly. I’ve tested it and it’s no better unfortunately so I’ve gone back to using the openreach modem however I ran a test and it detected a potential fault and automatically booked an engineer? 

is this because im using the openreach modem? Or should that not generate a fault? I am getting max speeds of 78 on the download and nearly max on the upload at 17 with 11 ping but it does still feel sluggish even my phone feels sluggish at times but the stats seem excellent. Maybe it’s just congestion? 

Thanks 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

Hi Ash89

Thanks for updating your Community Profile.

I have ordered a Huawei WIFI hub for testing and a returns bag. 

Please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive. Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Ash89
Popular Poster
Message 6 of 8

Hi, I’ve done that thanks.

wpuld there be any chance of you sending me the huawei model router and I can send the sagecom version back please? 

I didn’t know there were 2 versions of the hub. I wondering if the other version will perform better for gaming.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 7 of 8

Hi Ash89,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name

• Telephone number

• Alternative contact number

•  

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

0 Likes