FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Going Round in circles Absolutely Fed Up

Mick3
Participant
Message 27 of 27

Trying to find or get help on the Community or TT help or chat is a nightmare. It to say the least is causing me such frustration, I just seem to be going round in circles and getting nowhere.

My original frustration was as result of a TEXT messsage i received from TT on 1st July which said

"They were upgrading me to a faster Broadband service, on them. you dont need to do anything. Weve sent an email with more details."

I did not recieve an email however I was contacted by Open Reach saying they will be activating my new service on 5th July. A few more texts arrived on 5th July and eventually I was asked if everything was working. As I did a quick speed check rated as just over 50Mbps I assumed everything was Ok which I confirmed. They then replied saying they hoped I would enjoy my new service.

However to date I am still getting the same speed as I did before they did whatever they did. What is going on, this is really driving me mad as I cant seem to be able to contact anyone to find out what was done to my router, or what was supposed to be done but seemed to have no effect.

Someone please answer the question above tohelp and clarify the situation I'm getting mad with frustration.

Also as shown on screen grabs from TT website below, my speed and connection is below guaranteed 58Mbps and is Poor.

HELP

Mick
0 Likes
26 REPLIES 26

Mick3
Participant
Message 1 of 27

Thanks, I'm glad someone is attempting to help me. 

Mick

Message 2 of 27

Morning,

Just a quick update to advise that our team have advised that they are still investigating at the moment.

Thanks

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 27

Hi,

Apologies for the delay. I'm still waiting to hear back from the Service Centre Team.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 27

As I (and others) have already said, the Service Centre is a complete mess. I would trust what staff on here have told you is your guaranteed minimum speed rather than what is stated in the Service Centre. I really wish the team responsible for the data collected and shown in the Service Centre would get it sorted out but I don't expect it to happen any time soon.

Personally, I think you are getting yourself unduly worked up over trivial things.

In an ideal world, mistakes would never happen but unfortunately they do.

You were sent a message in error telling you you were getting an upgrade when you weren't. Several customers who were still on ADSL have recently been getting free upgrades to FTTC but since you were already on Fibre65 that clearly didn't apply to you. You are the only person I have seen posting on here with this issue so I would guess it is an isolated incident and as such I doubt if TalkTalk will launch a full investigation into why you were sent that message. At the end of the day, your service hasn't been affected so why get yourself upset about it?

Message 5 of 27

You completely miss the point. One bunch of advisors say my connection is ok ok and the TalkTalk website says it isn't, who am I to believe?

Nobody can explain this to me me or why I have got a text message from TalkTalk saying I was getting an improved service when I haven't. Perhaps if you could answer these questions I might be satisfied, but if it's another one of it's just my opinion I am no further forward in solving this matter. Regards Mick

Mick
0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 6 of 27

Is there anything actually wrong with your service? You have repeatedly been told that your speeds are well within normal parameters and that there are issues with the Service Centre numbers at times. 

Have a look here and post your figures:

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL/AddressHome

0 Likes

Message 7 of 27

Roughly about the same as now.

65Mbps Fibrepackage

I am sorry but if anyone sends me a text message saying I'm getting a free upgrade for a better speed I not unreasonably expect to get one, if the TalkTalk website says I'm not getting what I should expect to get that's their problem and surely if they're publishing stuff on their website that isn't in line with what you're actually getting this is in contradiction of their terms of service or misleading is information and in breach of advertising regulations for which they need to be taken to task.

Is it any wonder that people are complaining about them and their customer service it is terrible. 

Mick
0 Likes

Message 8 of 27

Hello,

I've asked our Service Centre Team to take a look and I will post back as soon as I know more.

Thanks

Message 9 of 27

@Mick3 , A member of staff has told you that your minimum guaranteed download sync speed is 51Mbps and you are getting above that. The fact that incorrect information is shown in the Service Centre is an issue that TalkTalk need to resolve (I too have some nonsense shown when I look at mine, and have another thread in progress regarding it) but at the end of the day, even if they fix the Service Centre to show the correct information that isn't going to increase your connection speed.

I am actually quite jealous of the speed you get, mine can only manage about 35Mbps download and 5Mbps upload.

You haven't yet answered the question of what package you were on and what speeds you were getting before the "upgrade".

Mick3
Participant
Message 10 of 27

Michelle- Taktalk. Well if you don't know why I respectfully suggest you find out, isn't that what you are there for to solve problems and supply answers ?

Mick
0 Likes

Message 11 of 27

Gliwmaeden2. Hallelujah, someone who agrees with me. Every one says I'm getting the speed I should but never answer the questions I put to them. What a shower. If they don't know why there is a difference why dont they ask TT? The whole experiance is like talking to a brick wall, sorry that is an insult to Brick Walls

Mick

Message 12 of 27

Hello,

To be honest I'm not sure why this is different in Service Centre. How is the overall performance of your connection? What speeds were you receiving prior to the upgrade?

Thanks

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 13 of 27

It would be helpful if Service Centre were not shambolic. The graph that @Mick3 posted from earlier in the month, clearly shows the minimum guaranteed speed line to be higher than what Mick3 was getting that week:

20210728_232038.jpg

 I am not sure why Service Centre is there, if it can't provide customers with accurate, reliable information. It is utterly bewildering for customers,  @Karl-TalkTalk.

If that line is showing the wrong guaranteed minimum, no wonder the customer is confused. 

@Karl-TalkTalk, could you explain what that graph is supposed to represent, and why does it differ from what Talktalk otherwise says is the guaranteed minimum?

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

I8this
Philosopher
Message 14 of 27

@Mick3 

Karl-TalkTalk Staff, Stated You are on the Fibre65 service. With a  minimum guaranteed speed of 51mb. 

Your Router is in sync at 58mb and your download speed is at 54.7mb,

Sync speed at the router will usually be slightly more than than a download speed test.

You said your had a download of 54.7Mbps Upload 18.8Mbps Therefore you are getting 3.7Mbps over the minimum guaranteed speed.

You asked, TalkTalk website say my connection speed of 56 MB per second is 2 MB under the guaranteed speed that is not your minimum guaranteed speed   Karl said, your minimum guaranteed speed is 51mb. So again you are getting more than the minimum guaranteed speed.

If case you have forgotten the Do’s and Don’ts. There are members that have. Remember:-Be yourself and tell it like it is,. Be courteous to other customers. Give others the benefit of the doubt. Update your community profile. The Forum Guidelines apply to ALL members there are/should be, NO exceptions. If you have nothing nice to say, then say nothing at all. Now a wizard.

Message 15 of 27

@Mick3 , I wouldn't pay much attention to what it says in the "Service Centre" - It's a complete shambles.

They have recently been giving customers free upgrades from ADSL to Fibre (FTTC) services in their quest to get everyone off ADSL before it goes obsolete, but if you were always on Fibre65 I'm not sure what sort of upgrade you were expecting to get. The only services above that are the G.Fast Fibre150 and the full fibre (FTTP) services (if you can get either of those) and I've not heard of them giving upgrades to those free.

Mick3
Participant
Message 16 of 27

So why if you are correct just the TalkTalk website say my connection speed of 56 MB per second is 2 MB under the guaranteed speed, and my connection is said to be poor.

Lastly where is the promised free upgrade? 

Mick
0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 17 of 27

Hi Mick,

You are on the Fibre65 service. 

minimum guaranteed speed is 51mb.  Router is in sync at 58mb and your download speed is at 54.7mb, so your service is running as it should. I cannot see any issues with your connection.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 18 of 27

As requested.Ping 16ms download 54.7Mbps Upload 18.8Mbps with no VPN running

Mick
0 Likes

Message 19 of 27

Hello,

Thank you. The throughput speed (speed test result) looks ok based upon the sync speed. Are you experiencing any issues with the overall performance of the connection?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 20 of 27

Ping 16ms download 54.7Mbps Upload 18.8Mbps with no VPN running

Mick
0 Likes