FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Guaranteed speed changed mid-contract

kbike
Popular Poster
Message 9 of 9

Just ran a speed test after line repair: just over 17mbs,was 20 before repair BUT noticed my guaranteed speed has been dropped from 20mbs to  15mbs.As I am half way through a 24mth contract I am far from amused!

Older but not wiser.
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi,

Ok thank you. I'm not sure why this has changed as your current sync speed is higher than this anyway.

Thanks

0 Likes

kbike
Popular Poster
Message 2 of 9

Thank you Michelle:I will do but it does not explain why my guaranteed speed has been changed!

Older but not wiser.
0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

Hi,

Thanks for confirming. Could you try powering the router down for a full 30 minutes and then retest the speed again please as this will reset the current session and can often increase the throughput speeds.

Thanks

0 Likes

kbike
Popular Poster
Message 4 of 9

Hi:Michelle Line now showing 16mbps,was 17 yesterday.Was running 20-21 before fault/repair.

Regards: Duncan

Older but not wiser.
0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

Hello,

I've run a test on the line now which is clear, however I can see that the sync speed has been increasing over the last 48hrs. What speeds are you currently seeing at the moment?

Thanks

0 Likes

kbike
Popular Poster
Message 6 of 9

Thank you for some very good points,have been with TalkTalk for some years & been generally happy with them BUT don't appreciate

this at all.

Older but not wiser.

Message 7 of 9

@Gliwmaeden2 wrote:

that they can't get slower speeds sorted unless they fall below that "minimum". Not fair if the minimum appears to be a moveable feast.

..................... and effectively unusable anyway, @Gliwmaeden2!

~R.

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 8 of 9

I am beginning to think that it is worth taking a screenshot of the Service Centre pages at the start of a new contract to compare and contrast with what happens later, @kbike!

It's also worth writing down the promised minimum guaranteed speed if renewal is done over the phone.....

It didn't use to be such an issue, but appears to have crept in over the past couple of years or so, with more people noticing that they can't get slower speeds sorted unless they fall below that "minimum". Not fair if the minimum appears to be a moveable feast.

Staff will be back on here from Monday. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.