FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have to reboot router constantly

4194alan
First Timer
Message 6 of 6

I have to reboot my router at least 2 or 3 times every day.

When rebooted broadband speeds return to DL c20Mbps and UL c4/5Mbps.

However, the dl speed gradually (sometimes not so gradually) reduces to 1 or 2 Mbps and even less.

The wired and wireless speeds are almost the same when rebooted and when they have 'decayed'.

I have followed the TT online fault finding process many times, disconnecting, resetting, nothing else connected to router or on wifi use etc but the problem has persisted for months and months. I have just lived with it and rebooted every time. The internet first thing in the morning so slow its unusable you have to get out of bed and reboot the router.

Watching iplayer for example for more than 30 mins is impossible because of buffering - a reboot is necessary. I have followed TT fault finding, used their offshore technical phone help but the problem persists. I now think why should I put up with this unacceptable service. I have the screen shots for the last 3 months where at least 3 times a day the broadband speed check show less than 2Mbps DL available. Any advice to resolve would be welome.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

Hello Karl,

New router received today, disconnected all old h/ware and fitted/connected all the new supplied.

All up and running ok, noticed youview box responds much quicker.

Will see how it goes for next week send another message then.

Thanks,

Alan Lakeman

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Hi

All line tests are clear, but I can see the drops.

I've another router on the way to you so we can rule out hardware.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 4 of 6
Hello,
Details of name, phone numbers etc given.
Thanks,
Alan
0 Likes

paulshent
Community Star
Message 5 of 6

Hi.  To allow an OCE to pickup your ticket, would you please be so kind as to update your avatar Profile.  Make sure it contains your name and telephone number. Please make a comment on this thread when completed / updated.  Do not post any private information.

This is required to identify yourself and account.

Thanks

0 Likes